Ulster v Munster Sat Jan 2 5:15pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster v Munster Sat Jan 2 5:15pm KO

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:56 pm
big mervyn wrote:I'm afraid there's going to be a massive asterisk against all the half-baked comps this season. That probably means we're going to win one of them Image
It would be underlined as well in BOD's notebook.
It can be underlined as much as he wants.

In 98/99 his team was in a certain competition and didn't win it, so he cannae be gurnin' about the team that did win it.

No team from Ireland, Scotland, Wales, or France have any right to downplay that competition and the English have very little if any right to do so either.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The fact is Ulster had to play against the two best French sides and win no small feat for a team which was made up mostly of amateurs and part time professionals training in the morning and evening.

PLUS the management of the game was focused on Club rugby not on the intro pro side -- which was selected not long before by Club representatives and a part time coach over a few beers in a meeting room .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:52 am
Dave wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:56 pm
big mervyn wrote:I'm afraid there's going to be a massive asterisk against all the half-baked comps this season. That probably means we're going to win one of them Image
It would be underlined as well in BOD's notebook.
It can be underlined as much as he wants.

In 98/99 his team was in a certain competition and didn't win it, so he cannae be gurnin' about the team that did win it.

No team from Ireland, Scotland, Wales, or France have any right to downplay that competition and the English have very little if any right to do so either.
Does an asterisk for 1999 not mean the buoys can wear two stars on their shirts, should do it just for the craic like??