Marco wrote: ↑
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:12 am
Slept on it, reflections:
1. Forwards held up well, on balance +/- parity, pity Moore went off
2. Jordi getting well deserved praise, but a shout for Greg Jones, unheralded but did nothing wrong and much right
3. Agree with comments about Coetzee, needed him to get the heed down and drive like feck more
4. Burns poor, needed a kicker and he had the opportunity to impress Farrell, to me was abject, the kicks straight to the winger for a mark, tripping over his own player and being bombarded into touch, could feel Dan’s rage from my living room...
5. ...Madigan coming on with immediate energy and urgency to underline above, maybe the temperature simply froze people!
6. Criminal to allow Henshaw try, the forwards did their bit, as Jackman said in commentary, they made five tackles each and Cooney and Faddes couldn’t make one between them
7. Third quarter inexplicable, we’ve been there so many times, wtf goes on in their heads, it’s like they do the opposite of what they know what to do, go figure, can’t be fatigue straight after HT?? Leave out third quarter score of 12-0 to Leinster, and the score was balanced at 12-12, job done at that!
8. Like the Gloucester game, played through yellow card with more points than the other team, how does that happen, it’s like a chip in the brain kicks in that just comes out again later.
9. Extremely frustrated, especially with the break now and strong signals that Covid could cancel the French playing Europe, too much time to dwell on it,
10. McIlroy, extraordinary maturity, nous, awareness and skill for a 20 year old, watch that kid.