UAFC First XV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

germcevoy
Initiate

Re: UAFC First XV

Post by germcevoy »

Just seeing this. Well bloody played. I’m still waiting in the wings.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bart S wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:53 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:17 am
Dave wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:45 pm Can't believe two of my usernames made the squad.
Strangely two of mine have appeared also - one in the team of 15 years ago, and once in the current XV.

As I've had two incarnations with the same name* (cap'n grumpy circa 2008 & cap'n grumpy circa 2005), I'm claiming that. :D

* Apparently after forum was hacked one time and Fermain/Rooster rebuilt it, my moniker couldn't be accommodated under the new format cos I had an apostrophe in my username. But Fermain found a way - just meant I had to be born again. :shock:

There were a few apostrophes in the olden days but fewer, if any, others have survived past that devastation of 2008.

Wot odds on me being reborn again before another 15 years go by - I wouldn't put any money on that.
Cap'n - if your reincarnation was a true Ulsterman it would have buggered off to somewhere like the Tigers forum for its prime years of posting, before returning here as a pale shadow of what we had seen before, mainly due to successive injuries (broken fingernails etc).
I thought I did that ... all except the bit about going to Tigers ... :(
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bart S wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:43 pm Some suggestions for the bench or finishers as the lovely Eddie likes to call them.

LH - Cornerfleg : Fulfilling the Andy Warwick role in that you can easily forget that he is still around but then pops up with a useful contribution.

Hooker - Cockatrice : Deadly accurate at lineout time after years of practice throwing darts at a picture of Shane Logan.

TH - Evil Kiwi : fairly recent arrival but has made some telling contributions so far. Will soon start posting about being homesick and then resurface next season on the Worcester Warriors forum.

Lock - Big Al : well just being big was good enough for Dev Toner

Back Row : BR obviously

S.Half : Shan. Longtime import who made his home here for several years. Apparently turned down a huge offer to join the Babbling Brook forum a few years ago out of loyalty. Forced off here against his will by David Nucifora.

Out half : D4. We were all a bit sceptical about his arrival, but he has shown on a couple of occasions that he can deliver in the big pressure moments and has really bought into the ethos here. Has even shed a tear or 2 after a particularly emotional post.

Utility Back : Gerald the Mole. If there is a hole anywhere else in the back line he is guaranteed to fill it.

Also:
Partner Broadcaster - Setanta
MOTM Adjudicator - Fermain, who also heads up the disciplinary panel.
No one has suggested a ref for any matches yet.

It would good to have to be one of the countless members who have never posted an opinion since the day and hour they registered.

It's good not to have opinions if you're a ref apparently.

Are there any bots that would be up for the job?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:05 am
Bart S wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:43 pm Some suggestions for the bench or finishers as the lovely Eddie likes to call them.

LH - Cornerfleg : Fulfilling the Andy Warwick role in that you can easily forget that he is still around but then pops up with a useful contribution.

Hooker - Cockatrice : Deadly accurate at lineout time after years of practice throwing darts at a picture of Shane Logan.'

TH - Evil Kiwi : fairly recent arrival but has made some telling contributions so far. Will soon start posting about being homesick and then resurface next season on the Worcester Warriors forum.

Lock - Big Al : well just being big was good enough for Dev Toner

Back Row : BR obviously

S.Half : Shan. Longtime import who made his home here for several years. Apparently turned down a huge offer to join the Babbling Brook forum a few years ago out of loyalty. Forced off here against his will by David Nucifora.

Out half : D4. We were all a bit sceptical about his arrival, but he has shown on a couple of occasions that he can deliver in the big pressure moments and has really bought into the ethos here. Has even shed a tear or 2 after a particularly emotional post.

Utility Back : Gerald the Mole. If there is a hole anywhere else in the back line he is guaranteed to fill it.

Also:
Partner Broadcaster - Setanta
MOTM Adjudicator - Fermain, who also heads up the disciplinary panel.
No one has suggested a ref for any matches yet.

It would good to have to be one of the countless members who have never posted an opinion since the day and hour they registered.

It's good not to have opinions if you're a ref apparently.

Are there any bots that would be up for the job?
Cap'n, that's really quite clever...for you :D
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.