UAFC First XV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: UAFC First XV

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:Would baggy come back as coach? Remember he used to tell us what to think...
Baggy would have all the kickers in clown shoes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Great craic!
With only 270 posts I am absolutely delighted to be even noticed and to be included with such illustrious posters.
In my defence on the dropped goal argument, I could have\ would have secured the game against Glocester.
Many thanks. My aim is now to be on the next list in 15 years time.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bobbievee wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:23 am Great craic!
With only 270 posts I am absolutely delighted to be even noticed and to be included with such illustrious posters.
In my defence on the dropped goal argument, I could have\ would have secured the game against Glocester.
Many thanks. My aim is now to be on the next list in 15 years time.
Potential bolter for the Lions forum this year Bobby

Great work MUM

The thought of getting selected for the next team in 15 years time might just keep me going
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Some suggestions for the bench or finishers as the lovely Eddie likes to call them.

LH - Cornerfleg : Fulfilling the Andy Warwick role in that you can easily forget that he is still around but then pops up with a useful contribution.

Hooker - Cockatrice : Deadly accurate at lineout time after years of practice throwing darts at a picture of Shane Logan.

TH - Evil Kiwi : fairly recent arrival but has made some telling contributions so far. Will soon start posting about being homesick and then resurface next season on the Worcester Warriors forum.

Lock - Big Al : well just being big was good enough for Dev Toner

Back Row : BR obviously

S.Half : Shan. Longtime import who made his home here for several years. Apparently turned down a huge offer to join the Babbling Brook forum a few years ago out of loyalty. Forced off here against his will by David Nucifora.

Out half : D4. We were all a bit sceptical about his arrival, but he has shown on a couple of occasions that he can deliver in the big pressure moments and has really bought into the ethos here. Has even shed a tear or 2 after a particularly emotional post.

Utility Back : Gerald the Mole. If there is a hole anywhere else in the back line he is guaranteed to fill it.

Also:
Partner Broadcaster - Setanta
MOTM Adjudicator - Fermain, who also heads up the disciplinary panel.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Personally I would have put baggyT at outhalf he could dictate the game from there and also captain of the squad because he was also quick to tell everyone what they should be doing -- a bit like Sexton -- liked to kick a few arses and be subbed by a few of his alternatives when the doing got to close for comfort.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Excellent contribution Bartman >appl

Putting yer hand up for the selection panel in 2035!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Nice one Bart. A job on the Belly Telly awaits. Pundit on Premier perhaps?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Can't believe two of my usernames made the squad.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:45 pm Can't believe two of my usernames made the squad.
Well if McCloskey can play 12 and 6.......
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:45 pm Can't believe two of my usernames made the squad.
Strangely two of mine have appeared also - one in the team of 15 years ago, and once in the current XV.

As I've had two incarnations with the same name* (cap'n grumpy circa 2008 & cap'n grumpy circa 2005), I'm claiming that. :D

* Apparently after forum was hacked one time and Fermain/Rooster rebuilt it, my moniker couldn't be accommodated under the new format cos I had an apostrophe in my username. But Fermain found a way - just meant I had to be born again. :shock:

There were a few apostrophes in the olden days but fewer, if any, others have survived past that devastation of 2008.

Wot odds on me being reborn again before another 15 years go by - I wouldn't put any money on that.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Strangely two of mine have appeared also - one in the team of 15 years ago, and once in the current XV.

As I've had two incarnations with the same name* (cap'n grumpy circa 2008 & cap'n grumpy circa 2005), I'm claiming that. :D

* Apparently after forum was hacked one time and Fermain/Rooster rebuilt it, my moniker couldn't be accommodated under the new format cos I had an apostrophe in my username. But Fermain found a way - just meant I had to be born again. :shock:

There were a few apostrophes in the olden days but fewer, if any, others have survived past that devastation of 2008.

Wot odds on me being reborn again before another 15 years go by - I wouldn't put any money on that.
Ah the great UAFC hack circa 2008. And they say 2020 was a tough year.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Well if McCloskey can play 12 and 6.......
Just call me the UAFC bulletin board bulldozer.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

What a joke
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

:lol:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:17 am

Cap'n - if your reincarnation was a true Ulsterman it would have buggered off to somewhere like the Tigers forum for its prime years of posting, before returning here as a pale shadow of what we had seen before, mainly due to successive injuries (broken fingernails etc).