Ulster ‘A’ v Leinster ‘A’ Fri 15th Jan 3pm KO Live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI website

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster ‘A’ v Leinster ‘A’ Fri 15th Jan 3pm KO Live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI website

Post by Neill_M »

Loki wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:34 am
Silverstu wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:07 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:43 am Looking forward to a bit of Gusher "comedary"
Indeed.. "Robbo" just doesn't match up..
it's true, but in defence of Robbo he's a bloody enjoyable commentator all the same. :lol: Definite master and apprentice but the younger is golden-tongued compared to the one-dimensional scutter offered by a great deal of others and their ditchwater co-comms.

Thanks for the age-grades Neil - lots of exciting players there it'd be good to see. the 3pm start is a dig in the chops but to echo justin maybe the nippers (or the junior streaming team) need to get home before it's too dark.
Bayern posted the Ulster team, he deserves the >clapping
Bayern
Steward

Re: Ulster ‘A’ v Leinster ‘A’ Fri 15th Jan 3pm KO Live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI website

Post by Bayern »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:03 am Leinster ‘A’ v Ulster ‘A’

(Leinster Rugby senior caps in brackets)

15. Max O’Reilly (1), 14. Cian Kelleher (20), 13. Jamie Osborne, 12. Liam Turner (5), 11. Niall Comerford, 10. David Hawkshaw (4), 9. Cormac Foley, 1. Marcus Hanan, 2. Dan Sheehan (5), 3. Greg McGrath, 4. Joe McCarthy, 5. Jack Dunne (10) CAPTAIN, 6. Ryan Baird (17), 7. Seán O’Brien, 8. Alex Soroka

16. Lee Barron, 17. Jack Boyle, 18. Tom Clarkson (4), 19. Mark Morrissey, 20. Mark Hernan, 21. Patrick Patterson (3), 22. Tim Corkery, 23. Chris Cosgrave
15. Max O’Reilly(u21), 14. Cian Kelleher, 13. Jamie Osborne(u20), 12. Liam Turner(u22), 11. Niall Comerford(u21), 10. David Hawkshaw(u22), 9. Cormac Foley(u22), 1. Marcus Hanan(u21), 2. Dan Sheehan (5), 3. Greg McGrath, 4. Joe McCarthy(u20), 5. Jack Dunne (10) CAPTAIN, 6. Ryan Baird (17), 7. Seán O’Brien(u21), 8. Alex Soroka(u20)

16. Lee Barron(u20), 17. Jack Boyle(u19), 18. Tom Clarkson(u21), 19. Mark Morrissey(u19), 20. Mark Hernan(u21), 21. Patrick Patterson (3), 22. Tim Corkery(u20), 23. Chris Cosgrave(u20)

updated ages of non-senior players.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Why have Ulster 2 hookers on the bench?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Help - logged onto BBC NI - how do I get the match? Is it sport NI or the App? Anyone got a link? Facebook or Utube?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

There’s some footage of the lads training for today’s game against the senior players. Rob Lyttle was involved which is good news. McCann was looking lively.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Setanta wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:32 pm Help - logged onto BBC NI - how do I get the match? Is it sport NI or the App? Anyone got a link? Facebook or Utube?
I'm on iplayer but I believe if you go to bbc.co.uk/sportni you should find it.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Setanta wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:32 pm Help - logged onto BBC NI - how do I get the match? Is it sport NI or the App? Anyone got a link? Facebook or Utube?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/rugby-union/55649976
I'm not arguing -
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

An awful lot of possession being kicked away by Doak. To be fair he is not getting clean ball or protection.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:30 pm An awful lot of possession being kicked away by Doak.
Doak-ball, you mean? :D
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

VERY satisfying thwack of leather on laminated leather.
I'm not arguing -
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Yes I was fearful of encouraging its return by publicising it. :roll:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Was that an injury at the end of the half then? Bottom corner of the screen. Maybe Rankin. Arm or shoulder.

Entertaining enough stuff overall.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Doak needs to be more focused his kicks are poor, some passes are like a bullet and some are slow and loopy. A bit slow at getting the ball away from rucks also. Good to see some big boys in an Ulster pack cutting through Leinstermen for once. And to think they’re nearly all youngsters. Leinster backs living offside yet again ffs choking everything going out side from Ulster.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:42 pm VERY satisfying thwack of leather on laminated leather.
That thwack was brought to you courtesy of Gusher commentaries © 2021
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HammerTime wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:48 pm Doak needs to be more focused his kicks are poor, some passes are like a bullet and some are slow and loopy. A bit slow at getting the ball away from rucks also.
TBF, it's difficult for someone of his experience to play and referee at the same time.

Sometimes he's concentrating on the former, sometimes the latter. :lol:
I'm not arguing -