Ulster ‘A’ v Leinster ‘A’ Fri 15th Jan 3pm KO Live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI website

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster ‘A’ v Leinster ‘A’ Fri 15th Jan 3pm KO Live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI website

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:14 pm Truly legendary wrist action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKaflXTzHw Ginger Baker
First thought there was Shane Warne but that was pretty good >appl
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: Ulster ‘A’ v Leinster ‘A’ Fri 15th Jan 3pm KO Live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI website

Post by Bobbievee »

To think all this debate started with Rumns analysis of Doaks passing action!
I am almost afraid we will now get Rumns comments on the drumming action. As sure as shooting, Rumns dad will have taken him to drumming classes when he was younger.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

He’ll have to change his name to ‘drumnbass’.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:36 pm
solidarity wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:14 pm Truly legendary wrist action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKaflXTzHw Ginger Baker
True, Merv.

And for our younger viewers, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3V-sYH0Sks Dickie Bird doesn't know what happened and Gatting's reaction is priceless.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

solidarity wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:08 pm
big mervyn wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:36 pm
True, Merv.

So for our younger viewers, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3V-sYH0Sks Dickie Bird doesn't know what happened and Gatting's reaction is priceless.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Chubby Warne probably did have strong wrists in those days. Less need when he became a celebrity
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Was not expecting to see Warney mentioned on an Ulster A vs Leinster A thread........even allowing for the random comments on the UAFC!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bart S wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:36 pm Was not expecting to see Warney mentioned on an Ulster A vs Leinster A thread........even allowing for the random comments on the UAFC!
Wot's the Shane Warne version of Godwin's Law called?

and no, I'm not comparing him with the Nazis or Adolf.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Read Noel Francis to day in the tele — no wind- up no step — zip the ball out — he believes it can’t be developed — but I wouldn’t necessarily agree — it basically is finding the key to the zip and then developing it .

For wind up read pulling your arms back ie an arms only pass
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:26 pm
Bart S wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:36 pm Was not expecting to see Warney mentioned on an Ulster A vs Leinster A thread........even allowing for the random comments on the UAFC!
Wot's the Shane Warne version of Godwin's Law called?

and no, I'm not comparing him with the Nazis or Adolf.
Anybody who gurns about this thread moving off topic is a Fascist. This site is getting more like the Third Reich every day.
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

rumncoke wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:46 pm Read Noel Francis to day in the tele — no wind- up no step — zip the ball out — he believes it can’t be developed — but I wouldn’t necessarily agree — it basically is finding the key to the zip and then developing it .

Think you mean Neil Francis :duh:
Good to see you are now relying on well known experts in passing :roll:

God loves a trier I suppose....

Why don’t you nip off and give a football a good blast (generating all the power just through your ankle of course :lol: )
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It’s the leg that gives it the direction but
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Which one the middle one I presume
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

turko wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:17 am
rumncoke wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:46 pm Read Noel Francis to day in the tele — no wind- up no step — zip the ball out — he believes it can’t be developed — but I wouldn’t necessarily agree — it basically is finding the key to the zip and then developing it .

Think you mean Neil Francis :duh:
Good to see you are now relying on well known experts in passing :roll:

God loves a trier I suppose....

Why don’t you nip off and give a football a good blast (generating all the power just through your ankle of course :lol: )
Glad you understood what he meant - I hadn't a baldy what he was on about. :roll:

Seriously Rum - could you ever just take a few more moments to read over what you're about to post and try to put some punctuation in there. You could be making the most insightful comment in history, but no one (well, bar turko possibly) knows what the hell yer talking about. It would be asking too much to expect turko to translate for all of us every time. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Sorry - forgot myself there.

Too much to ask.
I'm not arguing -