Ulster ‘A’ v Leinster ‘A’ Fri 15th Jan 3pm KO Live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI website

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: Ulster ‘A’ v Leinster ‘A’ Fri 15th Jan 3pm KO Live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI website

Post by Bobbievee »

Grumps
Deep breath
Count 10
Ignore
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster ‘A’ v Leinster ‘A’ Fri 15th Jan 3pm KO Live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI website

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bobbievee wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:41 am Grumps
Deep breath
Count 10
Ignore
I'm gonna ignor....

Damn it! :duh:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ok Caps

Insight coming -- an out half requires to receive a swift pass, the longer the pass the better because it provides time to execute what is normally a predetermined option but provided with time an out half may take advantage of defensive error of the opposition .

If a scrum half has to swing his arms to pass it reduces the time , if has to take a step it reduces the time -- the speed and distance in a pass is provided by the wrists not the arms. A firmer pass also tends to be more consistent -- in height and length .

o Gara was made to look a world class out half because Springer had an excellent pass and therefore gave O Gara the time to execute his kicking . The poorer the scrum half pass the more frequently the kick has to be executed by the scrum half rather than out half . A kick by a scrum half is normally limited to a box kick -- which becomes uncontested because it is rushed and telegraphed. ( Doak ball )

The trouble with O Gara his kicking was excellent and his passing tended to be badly timed and telegraphed and rescued by the excellent timing of his pass by BoD ( when the ball made it that far )

The" golden boys" basically never won a Grand Slam because the Irish game was telegraphed and wins were achieved or relied on Penalty success rather than tries. ( It takes 3 penalties to outscore a try and conversion )
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

rumncoke wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:29 am Ok Caps

Insight coming -- an out half requires to receive a swift pass, the longer the pass the better because it provides time to execute what is normally a predetermined option but provided with time an out half may take advantage of defensive error of the opposition .

If a scrum half has to swing his arms to pass it reduces the time , if has to take a step it reduces the time -- the speed and distance in a pass is provided by the wrists not the arms. A firmer pass also tends to be more consistent -- in height and length .

o Gara was made to look a world class out half because Springer had an excellent pass and therefore gave O Gara the time to execute his kicking . The poorer the scrum half pass the more frequently the kick has to be executed by the scrum half rather than out half . A kick by a scrum half is normally limited to a box kick -- which becomes uncontested because it is rushed and telegraphed. ( Doak ball )

The trouble with O Gara his kicking was excellent and his passing tended to be badly timed and telegraphed and rescued by the excellent timing of his pass by BoD ( when the ball made it that far )

The" golden boys" basically never won a Grand Slam because the Irish game was telegraphed and wins were achieved or relied on Penalty success rather than tries. ( It takes 3 penalties to outscore a try and conversion )
apart from that one time they did.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I suggest that the best thing to do for all our sakes is to welcome Rumns analysis and treat him benevolently as a form of care in the community.
Then we can all feel better for it
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Bobbievee wrote:I suggest that the best thing to do for all our sakes is to welcome Rumns analysis and treat him benevolently as a form of care in the community.
Can u get tax relief?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:54 pm
Bobbievee wrote:I suggest that the best thing to do for all our sakes is to welcome Rumns analysis and treat him benevolently as a form of care in the community.
Can u get tax relief?

Judging by some earier comments, you might get hand relief.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

jean valjean wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:54 pm
Can u get tax relief?

Good idea
If we all claimed Carers allowance , we could fund signing and retaining marque players
E.g. London Irish no 10s?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:29 am Ok Caps

Caps???? :scratch:

Caps??? :shock:

Does he mean me? >threaten

Okay, I'll let that one pass (did ya see wot I did there?) >EW

Well Rumnant - Oh deer (did ya see wot I did there too?) :duck: Where to begin?

Some punctuation at long last - and some of it even in the correct places. :thumleft:

Still could do better - I'll give you a B+ for at least making an effort. >appl

You do need to keep that effort up though as you pass on the outworking of chewing your cud for our alleged benefit (with your wrist no doubt).

C- for content though. (albeit that is also improvement on the passed (sic) (Did ya see wot I also did there?) :twisted:
I'm not arguing -
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

You still reading that shat Captain? ... The Ignore button is the AstraZeneca of the Rumvid-19 virus ... It's 100% effective and bullet proof from ruining your day trying to understand it, like Trump he'll just eventually go away up his own jaxy.

Use the Ignore vax Grumps, if you got 80% on ignore herd immunity would cure it.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

HI Fleg how's the rain in Spain
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:You still reading that shat Captain? ... The Ignore button is the AstraZeneca of the Rumvid-19 virus ... It's 100% effective and bullet proof from ruining your day trying to understand it, like Trump he'll just eventually go away up his own jaxy.

Use the Ignore vax Grumps, if you got 80% on ignore herd immunity would cure it.
Quite right fleg. Infections appear to be up on the board. Quoting to deliberately infect others should be a quarantinable act.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

very late to this but nice to read back through this thread and be reminded of the match (at least up until it all got surreal, about Doak's wrist action etc) - incredibly impressive performance. High skill levels, well-organised in defence and attack. Really impressed by Izzy - he was always going to be a great athlete, the question was could he bring the boring grunt too, and leaving aside his performance in the loose (which was excellent) I thought he worked hard all match hitting rucks and went well in the lineout. McCann is just a very complete back rower, I was also impressed by Sanderson (?) at 6, he carried and tackled well, I hadn't heard of him before. (Is Allison injured atm?)

Hyde was eye-catching in the centre, actually I thought Carson went well - he's still very young, and he looks like a solid boy. Sexton - just impossible to watch him without getting excited, I could watch him running all day, smooth as silk. And he's very much not a one trick pony, his skills look good to me, and I thought his positional play was spot-on. But his pace is such a luxury - his kick chase is phenomenal, and when he goes you don't have a chance...
..one more thing
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:19 pm You still reading that shat Captain? ... The Ignore button is the AstraZeneca of the Rumvid-19 virus ... It's 100% effective and bullet proof from ruining your day trying to understand it, like Trump he'll just eventually go away up his own jaxy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cornerfleg wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:19 pm You still reading that shat Captain? ... The Ignore button is the AstraZeneca of the Rumvid-19 virus ... It's 100% effective and bullet proof from ruining your day trying to understand it, like Trump he'll just eventually go away up his own jaxy.

Fake news

I don't believe all that Rumvax nonsense.

And anyway, it's the Rumvid-11 virus that's the problem - and its nearly 10 years of mutations to catch up with. I suspect it's too far gone even for AstraZeneca (and I worked with AstraZeneca products often enough to know)

Afraid my DNA will be taken over by RumDNA, and all my reasoning will be scrambled . . . without punctuation. :shock:

A fate worse than death.

But good hearing from you again :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -