Ulster ‘A’ v Leinster ‘A’ Fri 15th Jan 3pm KO Live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI website

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: Ulster ‘A’ v Leinster ‘A’ Fri 15th Jan 3pm KO Live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI website

Post by Bobbievee »

Would do you think Doaks fate would have been if Nigel Owens had been refereeing this,...........or even our own (Sir) Nigel Hamilton!
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Re: Ulster ‘A’ v Leinster ‘A’ Fri 15th Jan 3pm KO Live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI website

Post by Hans Indaruck »

I know from personal experience that Sir Nigel H would have been reaching for his pocket as soon as Doak’s lips showed any sign of movement!
Hope is not a strategy.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

An abject apology is due from me to Nathan Doak for consistently confusing him with his father and calling him Neil in my posts. An error borne of lack of attention to detail and nothing else.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bobbievee wrote:Would do you think Doaks fate would have been if Nigel Owens had been refereeing this,...........or even our own (Sir) Nigel Hamilton!
He would have been quickly informed which sport he is not playing (soccer).
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

He also needs to learn to pass with his wrists rather than swing with his arms .

The power in a pass comes from the wrists -- the arms only provide direction.

For those who disbelieve try passing with out using your wrists and using arms only -- you'll lob the ball in the air towards the person.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

rumncoke wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:36 pm He also needs to learn to pass with his wrists rather than swing with his arms .

For those who disbelieve try passing with out using your wrists and using arms only -- you'll lob the ball in the air towards the person.
Like wan-king?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Both take two hands !!!! (to be performed correctly)
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

rumncoke wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:36 pm He also needs to learn to pass with his wrists rather than swing with his arms .

For anyone who wants to play scrum half please ignore this utter rubbish. The scrum half pass has several key parts to it but the wrists absolutely do not provide the power that comes from the technique and the core strength, bit like an upper cut. 3 key basics: feet position, drive the ball through with hands up and to the target at the end and then walk through it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Yes he's a clueless idiot best ignored.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:34 am Yes he's a clueless idiot best ignored.
He's delivering a guest lecture to the Academy on the Forgotten Art of the 10 Fingered Knuckle Shuffle.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:56 am
Dave wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:34 am Yes he's a clueless idiot best ignored.
He's delivering a guest lecture to the Academy on the Forgotten Art of the 10 Fingered Knuckle Shuffle.
Show off Merv, I only require the five fingered knuckle shuffle.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Rumn
I have tried to pick through your ramb!Ings in search of the odd nugget. You said earlier that most of your experience is based on observation. I had asked at one point what positions you had actually played. My patience has gone.
Passing only with your wrists is complete and utter nonsense in any position.......and especially at scrum half, unless you are only trying to pass it 5 yards. I suggest that instead of posting more rubbish, use your time to watch some of the glorious scrum halves current and past on Youtube, from all nations, and see how many of them don't use their arms.
If attending games at the stadium formerly known as Kingspan, could I ask where you sit or stand? I couldn't stick this commentary for real.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

No its not -- watch Jackson or Ruan the arm movement is minimal the firmness and sureness of their pass comes from their wrists.

The same thing is true in golf -- the power of the shot is provided by timing the use of the wrists.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

???????
Gareth Edwards
Conor Murray
https://youtu.be/qLT2Kg-ak3I
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Bobbievee wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:46 pm ???????
Gareth Edwards
Conor Murray
https://youtu.be/qLT2Kg-ak3I
perfect example of a personality-free person.