All the best Cooney.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Re: All the best Cooney.

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Certainly one thing can be said about Rum, he has his own views and is never guilty of groupthink. Love reading your posts Rum, always entertaining, and sometimes, ever so rarely, I even agree with them!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:42 am
No wonder Thatcher ruined all their fun.

Mind you, it was quite hard to gob in that little hole where the straw went.
Thatcher did not abolish free school milk here. Not within her remit.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

This forum, like most good forums, has the concept of 'play the ball; not the man.'

It's not a concept that has been adhered to over the years, but it's not in bad shape currently.

Generally it is what Rumn says that is criticized. He just seems to say a lot which attracts criticism. And no doubt, after so much of that, there is a laziness which creeps in to immediately deride the poster rather than the post.

Some of the more overt abuse of Rumn seems to have stopped. Yes, he still gets some of his more obtuse theories thrown back at him with little relevance, but then if you post enough obtuse theories, that will happen.

As a poster who is not adverse to the odd obtuse theory, I would suggest that Rumn enjoys the role he plays.

Of course he could always speak for himself.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:53 am This forum, like most good forums, has the concept of 'play the ball; not the man.'

It's not a concept that has been adhered to over the years, but it's not in bad shape currently.

Generally it is what Rumn says that is criticized. He just seems to say a lot which attracts criticism. And no doubt, after so much of that, there is a laziness which creeps in to immediately deride the poster rather than the post.

Some of the more overt abuse of Rumn seems to have stopped. Yes, he still gets some of his more obtuse theories thrown back at him with little relevance, but then if you post enough obtuse theories, that will happen.

As a poster who is not adverse to the odd obtuse theory, I would suggest that Rumn enjoys the role he plays.

>appl
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BR wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:53 am This forum, like most good forums, has the concept of 'play the ball; not the man.'

>appl

'play the ball; not the man.'
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:49 am

>appl

'play the ball; not the man.'
Can be tricky if the ball's wet mind ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

How can you play the man if you don't know:
A) who the man is?
B) if it is a man, woman, child or Russian bot?
C) if we are in the matrix or not?
D) where white dog sh1t has gone?
E) does Jackie Weaver have any authority here?
Last edited by Dave on Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jackie Weaver is our new assistant forwards coach. She'll make sure Leone turns up.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:42 pm Jackie Weaver is our new assistant forwards coach. She'll make sure Leone turns up.
You cannot just decide Jackie Weaver will be the new assistant forwards coach. You are not the chairman.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:09 pm
Snipe Watson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:42 pm Jackie Weaver is our new assistant forwards coach. She'll make sure Leone turns up.
You cannot just decide Jackie Weaver will be the new assistant forwards coach. You are not the chairman.
He's been bucked out and I'm vice chair.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Couldn't help but wonder about Cooney's thoughts when hearing the gushing praise from Sexton about Casey after Saturday's romp in Rome, falling from effectively nr 2 to now vying for nr 4/5/6 with Marmion/Blade, in less than a year, that is a fall. In fairness, I thought he was outshone on Friday by Webb, he just didn't seem right. On the plus side, there will be a few men in white on Saturday that will be out to make a point or two, should be good!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

My sample size is fairly small, but what I've seen of Casey reminds me of Paul Marshall.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Marco wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:30 pm Couldn't help but wonder about Cooney's thoughts when hearing the gushing praise from Sexton about Casey after Saturday's romp in Rome, falling from effectively nr 2 to now vying for nr 4/5/6 with Marmion/Blade, in less than a year, that is a fall. In fairness, I thought he was outshone on Friday by Webb, he just didn't seem right. On the plus side, there will be a few men in white on Saturday that will be out to make a point or two, should be good!
He hasn't came out of periods of rest well. The finish of the season last year when he was dropped for the final and again here after the six week or so break. Not unusual to take a game or two to blow the cobwebs off. Form is temporary, class is permanent and all that.

Maybe he'll do a book or a decent interview one day laying it all out. There's more to it for sure.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There is nothing wrong with Cooney's form. The last two games have demonstrated that he is at the heart of everything that Ulster do well. His support lines are second to none. It's a phenomenonal attribute to have. Two tries last week with all the offloading he was right in there. Ireland clearly don't want this preferring a guy with great potential but only half a cap to his name. Farrell is at best stupid or at worst, corrupt.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Just recall the boots John had to fill. He has filled them admirably and you'd be hard pressed to find a negative comment about him. I thought we'd not recover from the loss of Ruan. JC saved the day.