All the best Cooney.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: All the best Cooney.

Post by rumncoke »

It is a view I expressed and have held for some time that Sexton was not well disposed towards Cooney , Cooney can do to many things that Sexton can --such as control a game and to some extent is in a better position to do it ( better meaning easier ) -- which is definitely not something Sexton's on pitch ego would rest easy with.

Sexton has bit of the perfectionist about him and he applies the same standards to others spotting when then have failed to exploit an option which they may not have been aware of in the first place.

Sometimes it can be a power for good at other times it is a toxic touch that can unsettle those around him because he takes his own frustrations out on other players and being a scrum half Cooney would be a prime target.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Note JC has yet again been left out of the Ireland squad for the one day training session, what has he to do or what has he done not to be included? is Sexton still running the show down there?
With his contract coming up for renewal next year what chance have we of keeping him? will he go for a big pay day in Japan or USA?
FIRFU.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

He certainly has the ability to be in the Ireland setup. He’s either rubbed somebody of influence up the wrong way or he just hasn’t displayed they right attributes in previous camps (whatever they may be).

He likes it here and he knows he’s well loved and respected by the fans. I hope we pony up and throw the cash at him to keep him around but might D4 throw their weight around and force Ulster to move him on if he isn’t to be involved with Ireland?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

It would be hard to begrudge him a big Japanese pay day and a chance to win a trophy or two, but I really hope he stays a while longer. He's been a real Ulsterman. :thumleft:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Andy Farrell is a W@NKER.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Dave wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:05 pm Andy Farrell is a W@NKER.
👍👍
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

There is zero point him being in the squad, if he is not seen as a viable option. Also bearing in mind his recent interview I’d say they’d be worried he might not tow the party line and possibly stink the camp out.

Cooney deserved far more caps for Ire. He’s looked good whenever he had game time for Ire. The performances for UR have been unbelievable, I’d imagine he’ll hit the 100cap mark with a decent injury run. Frankly the guy owes us nothing, he’s been brilliant and he’ll be sorely missed if he left, although he may just fancy another yr. the guy is such a pro he could go to 35 with a bit of luck. The non selection looks all the more ridiculous with his Euro performances, and selection for the league side for god knows how many seasons on the trot.
I’d be delighted for the fella if he got a trophy with UR.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:05 pm Andy Farrell is a W@NKER.
That's unkind to W@nkers
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Best 9 in Ireland.

Why is this even a debate?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

JGP - arguably not the best 9 in leinster

Murray - long past his best and struggled to compete with Ali Price

Casey - has potential but raw and not yet shown he is ready to start big matches and control from 9

Blade - I think he us a very good player.

Even allowing for some youth and talent I can't see how Cooney would not be in the best 4. Unfortunately by the time Farrell goes it will be too late for him.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

We have to read in to his tweet today surely? The writing seems to be on the wall? Or is it hopeful?

https://twitter.com/jcooney09/status/14 ... 06180?s=21
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I wouldn't read into that at all.

Easy for John to say though but security is nice to have when you've a family, mortgage etc I do understand the context is different for him.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

So he has signed a ‘contract extension’ after all. Strange that it doesn’t say how long?