Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

Post Reply
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6138
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Contract Situation

Post by Neill_M » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:36 pm

New 2 year deals for Luke Marshall, Alan O'Connor and Robert Baloucoune.

justinr73
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2972
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Contract Situation

Post by justinr73 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:43 pm

Good stuff

launish116
Novice
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Contract Situation

Post by launish116 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:48 pm

Sexton upgraded contract as well, till 2023

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17390
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Contract Situation

Post by BR » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:49 pm

Neill_M wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:36 pm
New 2 year deals for Luke Marshall, Alan O'Connor and Robert Baloucoune.
Just wondering why, if you can put it so succinctly, my twitter feed is jammed with about a dozen tweets from Ulster Rugby saying little more?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

User avatar
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2110
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Contract Situation

Post by kingofthehill » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:37 pm

BR wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:49 pm
Neill_M wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:36 pm
New 2 year deals for Luke Marshall, Alan O'Connor and Robert Baloucoune.
Just wondering why, if you can put it so succinctly, my twitter feed is jammed with about a dozen tweets from Ulster Rugby saying little more?
The were racing through the contracts today. I’m guessing there will be more this week.
The King is dead. Long live the King.

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17390
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Contract Situation

Post by BR » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:27 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:37 pm
BR wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:49 pm
Neill_M wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:36 pm
New 2 year deals for Luke Marshall, Alan O'Connor and Robert Baloucoune.
Just wondering why, if you can put it so succinctly, my twitter feed is jammed with about a dozen tweets from Ulster Rugby saying little more?
The were racing through the contracts today. I’m guessing there will be more this week.
Maybe they'll do us a favour and just announce them all at once on Friday afternoon.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

User avatar
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2129
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:41 am
Location: Belfast

Re: Contract Situation

Post by pip14 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:48 pm

Other clubs just post 5 or whatever players re sign..,Ulster though have to put up 3 posts for every player :roll:

Any chance of a South African or New Zealander?
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

User avatar
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2110
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Contract Situation

Post by kingofthehill » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:20 pm

pip14 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:48 pm
Other clubs just post 5 or whatever players re sign..,Ulster though have to put up 3 posts for every player :roll:

Any chance of a South African or New Zealander?
No
The King is dead. Long live the King.

User avatar
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2129
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:41 am
Location: Belfast

Re: Contract Situation

Post by pip14 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:33 am

kingofthehill wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:20 pm
[quote=pip14 post_id=698414 time=<a href="tel:1611611334">1611611334</a> user_id=919]
Other clubs just post 5 or whatever players re sign..,Ulster though have to put up 3 posts for every player :roll:

Any chance of a South African or New Zealander?
No
[/quote]

Suppose wasps will have to do then
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

UlsterAreBrill
Initiate
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:30 pm

Re: Contract Situation

Post by UlsterAreBrill » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:22 am

kingofthehill wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:37 pm
BR wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:49 pm
Neill_M wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:36 pm
New 2 year deals for Luke Marshall, Alan O'Connor and Robert Baloucoune.
Just wondering why, if you can put it so succinctly, my twitter feed is jammed with about a dozen tweets from Ulster Rugby saying little more?
The were racing through the contracts today. I’m guessing there will be more this week.
I see what you did there

Welcome to Ulster Simon Zebo

User avatar
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2110
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Contract Situation

Post by kingofthehill » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:44 am

pip14 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:33 am
kingofthehill wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:20 pm
[quote=pip14 post_id=698414 time=<a href="tel:1611611334">1611611334</a> user_id=919]
Other clubs just post 5 or whatever players re sign..,Ulster though have to put up 3 posts for every player :roll:

Any chance of a South African or New Zealander?
No
Suppose wasps will have to do then
[/quote]

No but there are clues in posts which have went unnoticed.
The King is dead. Long live the King.

launish116
Novice
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Contract Situation

Post by launish116 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:31 am

No but there are clues in posts which have went unnoticed.
Luke Jones? Racing, Australian & international caps. Plays lock and has played blindside in past. Can’t find a contract length though.

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6138
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Contract Situation

Post by Neill_M » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:44 am

https://www.thefrontrowunion.com/2021/0 ... is-season/

According to this site the following players' deals are up for renewal in summer:

Matt Faddes, Angus Curtis, Craig Gilroy, Iain Henderson, Rob Herring, Kieran Treadwell, Ian Madigan, Alby Mathewson, John Andrew, Louis Ludik, Andrew Warwick, Sam Carter

The following list are players where the contract situation is not fully known:

James Hume, Bill Johnston, Greg Jones, Ross Kane, Michael Lowry, Adam McBurney, Kyle McCall, David O’Connor, Eric O’Sullivan, Nick Timoney, Gareth Milasinovich, Marcus Rea

User avatar
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2110
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Contract Situation

Post by kingofthehill » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:04 am

launish116 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:31 am
No but there are clues in posts which have went unnoticed.
Luke Jones? Racing, Australian & international caps. Plays lock and has played blindside in past. Can’t find a contract length though.
Aspects right.
The King is dead. Long live the King.

User avatar
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2129
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:41 am
Location: Belfast

Re: Contract Situation

Post by pip14 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:45 am

Donnacha Ryan...37 years young, in his absolute prime :lol:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Post Reply