Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

Re: Contract Situation

Post by Dharper »

Will be interesting to see what happens when end of contract occurs. I can easily see him spending next few yrs recontracted at LI & maybe a short spell in FR before retirement.

Playing wise absolute nobrainer. Top Int quality FH available all season. Good to see he’s really enjoying his rugby again, and performing.

For me it’s Madigan/Burn to steady ship for next season with increasing exposure with Lowry at 10. Burns contract runs out 22. Id love to see Lowry be the established 10 - we could have the best backline fully IQ with great attacking talent in -18mths.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:39 pm Won't happen with Petrie here. We would need some bold leadership.
Petrie is doing what he is told by D4. Unlike Logan, he has no relationship with Paddy.
I'm just going on his own words. He said it won't happen. We know the FIRFU are becoming more secretive and insecure by the day. Nucifora has created an unaccountable power structure in D4. So they could have a gun to his head on this but it could also reveal Petrie has no backbone. With his whining on twitter over Marcell leaving, it could be the latter.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Petrie said this ages ago when pushed that he could not see this happening. If the IRFU were making overtures it may be different but I can’t see it happening. LI have stuck by Jackson and he is enjoying it there. Good luck to him.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Absolutely correct Bart, LI and Paddy have been a great fit.

I can't see Paddy being interested in any D4 overtures. They publicly shafted him in the most viscous manner and smiled while doing it. I may be wrong, but I'm convinced their attitude was due to where the guys were from. Not really Irish, second class citizens. Paddy should and I hope would, tell them to shove it.

Have I ever mentioned that I'm not a fan of the IRFU? :lol:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:Petrie said this ages ago when pushed that he could not see this happening. If the IRFU were making overtures it may be different but I can’t see it happening. LI have stuck by Jackson and he is enjoying it there. Good luck to him.
Yes LI had some backbone even in the face of some initial sponsor pressure.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

firebell53 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:34 am Ferris is really beginning to get under my skin with his comments. Tonight after the Edinburgh v Munster game he stated that Connacht could still catch Munster and play Leinster in the final even though they are 9 points behind Munster. Ulster does not get a mention even though we are only 5points behind Leinster and play them at Kingspan.
Ulster have a better chance overcoming a 5 point deficit than Connacht a 9 point deficit.
The bookies think they have an equal chance i.e. NONE :lol:

Oddschecker are only quoting odds for Leinster and Munster as potential Grand Final winners.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:42 pm
Dave wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:39 pm Won't happen with Petrie here. We would need some bold leadership.
Petrie is doing what he is told by D4. Unlike Logan, he has no relationship with Paddy.
No need for a relationship ... so long as there is consent. :duck:

Wot?

WOT?

Too soon?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Post by Keyboard Warrior »

"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Never in doubt. How we looking now Neil?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

With the Henderson news, leaves the following players with unknown contract status:

Matt Faddes, Alby Mathewson, Louis Ludik, Bill Johnston, Ross Kane, Adam McBurney, Kyle McCall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Can't see the kiwis being retained but I would keep Alby if possible. I would definitely keep McBurney and Kane too (can't have enough tight heads). It's been suggested that McCall and Bill will be heading on. Louis looks set to retire to the sausage industry.

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I know they do that with horses but I think Louis deserves a better fate after his years of diligent service.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Probably in France and sometimes Tesco's. Who wants to eat Louis' sausage?
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:20 pm
firebell53 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:34 am Ferris is really beginning to get under my skin with his comments. Tonight after the Edinburgh v Munster game he stated that Connacht could still catch Munster and play Leinster in the final even though they are 9 points behind Munster. Ulster does not get a mention even though we are only 5points behind Leinster and play them at Kingspan.
Ulster have a better chance overcoming a 5 point deficit than Connacht a 9 point deficit.
The bookies think they have an equal chance i.e. NONE :lol:

Oddschecker are only quoting odds for Leinster and Munster as potential Grand Final winners.
Anyone know if odds are being given on a 5-0 points win against Leinster, that's our cup final I reckon!
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Beat Leinster 5-0 on pats and Ulster are favourites for the final