Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Contract Situation

Post by Neill_M »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:26 pm With the Henderson news, leaves the following players with unknown contract status:

Matt Faddes, Alby Mathewson, Louis Ludik, Bill Johnston, Ross Kane, Adam McBurney, Kyle McCall
Ross Kane has signed a new 1 year deal.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Again he's a tight head. You can never have enough. He'll do a job. You will only have to search for some Irish granny with a rugby playing son.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

Dave McCann has signed an upgraded contract.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Unsure
Matt Faddes, Alby Mathewson, Louis Ludik, Bill Johnston, Adam McBurney, Kyle McCall

Billy Burns, John Cooney, Tom O’Toole, Stuart McCloskey, Jack McGrath, Marty Moore, Matthew Rea, Sean Reidy, Leone Nakawara, James Hume, Craig Gilroy, Marcus Rea, Angus Curtis, Eric O’Sullivan, David O’Connor, Greg Jones, Dave Shanahan, Ross Kane

Will Addison, Jordi Murphy, Rob Lyttle, Stewart Moore, Jacob Stockdale, John Andrew, Luke Marshall, Alan O’Connor, Robert Baloucoune, Aaron Sexton, Kieran Treadwell, Andrew Warwick, Nathan Doak, Rob Herring, Ian Madigan, Sam Carter, Michael Lowry, Tom Stewart, Nick Timoney, Gareth Milasinovich, Ethan McIlroy, Callum Reid, Iain Henderson, David McCann
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:44 pm Unsure
Matt Faddes, Alby Mathewson, Louis Ludik, Bill Johnston, Adam McBurney, Kyle McCall
I wouldn't hold out much hope for any of this bunch being renewed. Some jumping, others being pushed.
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

Louis Ludik has been a great signing for Ulster Rugby. He’s always given 100%. While it’s understandable that his time may be coming to an end, if that happens I for one will miss his commitment and contribution as an excellent squad member.
Tap+Go
Novice

Post by Tap+Go »

Snipe Watson wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:42 pm
I wouldn't hold out much hope for any of this bunch being renewed. Some jumping, others being pushed.
Agreed. McBurney still young enough but really hasn’t pushed on. Was much vaunted coming through & would be great if he could play himself into form but possibly the writings on the wall if nothing confirmed at this stage. Roberts still seems to be involved but possibly still re Stewart’s injury (?) but will be interesting to see what they do contract wise for the hooker lower pecking orders behind Herring & Andrew.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Looks like there is competition for Dwayne Peel. Scarlets apparently trying to poach him from under the nose of Cardiff. He has signed a contract, but as Ulster have experienced in the past, a signed contract is not a guarantee.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Tap+Go wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:13 pm
Snipe Watson wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:42 pm
Agreed. McBurney still young enough but really hasn’t pushed on. Was much vaunted coming through & would be great if he could play himself into form but possibly the writings on the wall if nothing confirmed at this stage. Roberts still seems to be involved but possibly still re Stewart’s injury (?) but will be interesting to see what they do contract wise for the hooker lower pecking orders behind Herring & Andrew.
I think Roberts did as good a couple of cameos as any I've seen. He looked ready to rock.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Also looked a bit small?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Shorter but heavier perhaps.

Hayden Hyde back to Quins I believe.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Thought Hyde looked good for the u20s and could have been an option at 12. Obviously with the talent coming through there was going to be a bottleneck. Ulster must be backing Curtis to have a higher ceiling. Still see Moore as the longer term option at 13 over hume but he hasn't had many opportunities yet.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:51 pm Thought Hyde looked good for the u20s and could have been an option at 12. Obviously with the talent coming through there was going to be a bottleneck. Ulster must be backing Curtis to have a higher ceiling. Still see Moore as the longer term option at 13 over hume but he hasn't had many opportunities yet.

12 Moore 13 Hume

I see as long term, I can see Moore making the 12 jersey his own in 12 - 18 months. No reflection on McCloskey. Moore IS next level.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:51 pm Thought Hyde looked good for the u20s and could have been an option at 12. Obviously with the talent coming through there was going to be a bottleneck. Ulster must be backing Curtis to have a higher ceiling. Still see Moore as the longer term option at 13 over hume but he hasn't had many opportunities yet.

12 Moore 13 Hume

I see as long term, I can see Moore making the 12 jersey his own in 12 - 18 months. No reflection on McCloskey. Moore IS next level.
Stewart looks a bit special alright. Maybe big Stu will retire to the backrow...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:15 pm Maybe big Stu will retire to the backrow...
You're a bad man.

"Gone fishing" there's a note upon the door.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18