Welcome to Ulster Leone Nakarawa

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

firebell53
Novice

Re: Welcome to Ulster Leone Nakarawa

Post by firebell53 »

Nakarawa was very poor against Leinster at the weekend and didn’t appear the second half. Maybe he is carrying an injury. He was also very poor against us last week. He does not look fit. :red:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dan thinks he can motivate Leone.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Snipe Watson wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:15 pm Dan thinks he can motivate Leone.
Either this or they have got him for so cheap that he's worth a punt. Dan is a methodical man though so I'm sure he has a plan for him.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

If he is to play back row for us next season I reckon he'll have an engine change over summer. Body needs reconditioned.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It looked a bit like Glasgow were playing with 14 men before Hastings got sent off.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He looks a shadow of his former self. Probably fitness is an issue. He would need to report early for preseason. Get him up the dunes.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

looks like a puddin' a slow moving one at that. Here's hoping Dan can put a rocket up his hole
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

I hope Dan is very confident in his relationship with Nakawara and his ability to get the best out of him.

Appreciate he's still trying to regain fitness and form but he's a shadow of his former self. Watching Zebre vs Glasgow and he's not interested one bit. He couldn't get out of his own way.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

Won't improve our pack. We need two or three grunts with a bit of hardness about hem. Not an offloading show pony. I struggle to see any 'go forward' next year. Harsh but I've just watch Leinster seconds dominate us up front and bully us of four own patch.
LTHG
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

We need forwards in the mould of the Rev and Sexton
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

lovesthehardground wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:52 pm Won't improve our pack. We need two or three grunts with a bit of hardness about hem. Not an offloading show pony. I struggle to see any 'go forward' next year. Harsh but I've just watch Leinster seconds dominate us up front and bully us of four own patch.
* 3rds

Same old questions popping up, with no answers in sight! How many years is it going to take for us to fix our pack!

Nakarawa also slightly worried, we’ll have no grunt! Only shining light is Izzy looks at him as an idol and the experience he passes to him could be in valuable.

Currently ulster only seem to have 6.5s neither big/Ballcarrying 6s or mobile/turnover 7. Neither excelling or completely flopping! With no true 8 even in contention.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I remember when we had 4 to 5 decent NIQs and a full house. Shirley there is something in the idea of spending more on overseas players to reap the rewards on the turnstiles. We should be in the market for another backrow and even a prop. I'm afraid that recruitment has been poor recently. A prop who never played, well only with his sausages. A back who is worse than all the backs we have.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Let's not declare Izzy the saviour of Ulster just yet.

Carter is a very good player and will do well with Hendy. AOC is a good player and a proper grafter, but that is all. Treads hasn't improved as much as I expected him to.

Nakarawa could be a feast or a famine. Who knows?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:19 pm I remember when we had 4 to 5 decent NIQs and a full house. Shirley there is something in the idea of spending more on overseas players to reap the rewards on the turnstiles. We should be in the market for another backrow and even a prop. I'm afraid that recruitment has been poor recently. A prop who never played, well only with his sausages. A back who is worse than all the backs we have.
You're always taking a punt on southern hemisphere imports. Some are players of integrity and character who come to play. Others just want the cheque and experience. Ulster need to do more due diligence before signing some of these supposed super rugby stars.

We could sure use a loosehead that can scrummage and play a bit.
ulster32
Novice

Post by ulster32 »

Very poor performance for Glasgow this evening, looks seriously unfit.