Are we allowed to talk about KINGSPAN

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Are we allowed to talk about KINGSPAN

Post by solidarity »

chunky wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:34 pm https://www.insidehousing.co.uk/news/ki ... stic-69462

Not looking good
I'm pretty sure someone's said this before but surely we must be reconsidering our links with this company. To be sure we should wait until the investigation is fully complete, but I hope discussions have started in the corridors of power.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

What about wánk of Ireland and vodafcuker?

Text messages (not) sent caused them considerable offence.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Payet27
Novice

Post by Payet27 »

Ulster Rugby has no money - so long term up front sponsorship finance is like gold dust

Kingspan sponsorship of UR is one of biggest sporting sponsorships in Ireland

Pulling out of sponsorship could potentially result in early termination penalties

Kingspan were supportive of Ulster Rugby during “the trial” - unlike other sponsors....

COVID means there’s not much finance for sponsorship around

Terminating Kingspan as a UR “partner” would cause issues for others including eg Kukri

Who would take Kingspan’s place as major sponsors - moral saints like banks - anyone for Bank of Ireland...?

I would be more concerned that Kingspan’s business is detrimentally effected by their skullduggery/sharp business practice and that they can no longer afford wider promotional activity & sponsorships....including Ulster Rugby.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Maybe they could provide free cladding for the FIRFU HQ?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Is the company as a whole to blame? If Kingspan were to get rid of those responsible for the fudged fire certification paperwork would that not suffice?

Whatever of Kingspans problems, Arconic are in even bigger trouble. Yes what Kingspan did was wrong but it would appear the entire industry was at it.

I've no issue with Kingspan continuing to sponsor Ulster provided they get rid of those within their ranks that were responsible (pending conviction in a court of law). I'm not going to tar the entire organisation with the same brush, that's madness.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Payet27 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:45 pm Ulster Rugby has no money - so long term up front sponsorship finance is like gold dust

Kingspan sponsorship of UR is one of biggest sporting sponsorships in Ireland

Pulling out of sponsorship could potentially result in early termination penalties

Kingspan were supportive of Ulster Rugby during “the trial” - unlike other sponsors....

COVID means there’s not much finance for sponsorship around

Terminating Kingspan as a UR “partner” would cause issues for others including eg Kukri

Who would take Kingspan’s place as major sponsors - moral saints like banks - anyone for Bank of Ireland...?

I would be more concerned that Kingspan’s business is detrimentally effected by their skullduggery/sharp business practice and that they can no longer afford wider promotional activity & sponsorships....including Ulster Rugby.
Kingspan are not proven to be guilty of anything in a court of law. Public opinion and the current enquiry are just idle speculation and a fact finding mission respectively.
Nobody in their right mind would suggest that Ulster breaks with Kingspan under current circumstances.
We've had enough knee jerk reactions in these parts.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Of course we have to hold fire for the moment but we should be thinking about our relationship with Kingspan. There is a difference between a few bad apples doing something wrong and an organisation that has grossly dubious business practice at its heart. Clear out the bad apples and we can go forward. If the organisation itself is corrupt, then I would have an issue.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UR will need to know what they are talking about first and that will not be known until the whole matter is put to bed.

If the sponsorship and naming rights contract runs out before that time, negotiations will be complicated for both parties with so much up in the air.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I have a solution to suit all.
In the great tradition of renaming things with bad reputations (eg Windscale), the company should rebrand themselves as 'Ravenhill.'
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Genius! >clapping
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Don't sully a good name with that shower.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:59 pm Of course we have to hold fire for the moment but we should be thinking about our relationship with Kingspan. There is a difference between a few bad apples doing something wrong and an organisation that has grossly dubious business practice at its heart. Clear out the bad apples and we can go forward. If the organisation itself is corrupt, then I would have an issue.
Not sure using a term like "hold fire" is the best terminology in the circumstances ... :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:58 pm
solidarity wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:59 pm Of course we have to hold fire for the moment but we should be thinking about our relationship with Kingspan. There is a difference between a few bad apples doing something wrong and an organisation that has grossly dubious business practice at its heart. Clear out the bad apples and we can go forward. If the organisation itself is corrupt, then I would have an issue.
Not sure using a term like "hold fire" is the best terminology in the circumstances ... :shock:
Fair enough, Cap'n. How about, 'Keep our powder dry'?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Are we allowed to talk about BOI.....

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 02941.html
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

2019... Two faced, shower of wonkers
Gonna Party Like It's 1999