Ulster v Ospreys Fri Feb 26 8pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Ospreys Fri Feb 26 8pm KO

Post by Dave »

Do we win a trophy?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

no >threaten
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:29 pm Do we win a trophy?
Whaddyou think?

Two guesses. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:16 pm It's all good practice for throwing the kitchen sink at the Parker pen.
We'll knock the kitchen sink on, or drop it.

Unless it's for Rob Lyttle to score, in which case the sink will be passed forward before it gets to him.
I'm not arguing -
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Fair play to Ospreys they were as good as we were caught cold.

Madigan wobbled for the first half hour but recovered okay (a younger Madigan would have folded), playing behind a pack wth no momentum is tough. Cooney had a night to forget an indicator of how both half backs struggled.

As a whole were inaccurate and then got to the point whereby we needed to chase bp and therefore forced tough passes which we weren't making earlier in the game.

I'm not sure what to make of Treadwell anymore?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:29 pm Do we win a trophy?
Whaddyou think?

Two guesses. :roll:
No because Leinster will win Image
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Pleased with 2nd half turnaround but no BP is PRO14 gone for another season. There is no way the Mexicans will slip up.

Bic Biro all the way now and hopefully a game against london irish.
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

Right the Stabilo felt tip it is then. At least no bonus points are needed :roll:
And ...........not a Mexican in sight :fleg: >gimmefive
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The Ulster Kicking in the first half was predictable and extremely bad non of the kickers found space or made touch Which gave to Os possession and the chance to run it back. Which meant Uster had neither territorial advantage nor possession for 25 -35 minutes.

Going down 7 points in the first minute left Ulster playing "catch-up" and trying to hard when they decided to run it throwing passes blindly to imaginary players.

A half a match best forgotten where they went in all square and didn't deserve it to be honest.

The kick off in the second half put Ulster in the Os territory without having to work at it for the first time and Ulster thus got their heads straight.

Bit of a pity about the lost bonus point but the first half killed that as an option .

You can't kick badly out of own half, for half a match and expect to have a bonus point. It wasn't just one kicker Madigan was bad Cooney was bad and Lowry kicked badly none found space none made touch. The only good thing was they defended well against a pacey backline who threw everything but the kitchen sink into the mix.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Not having seen much of the ospreys since booth took over I was impressed with their work ethic and directness in the backs. The big 12 was a handful and they look to be on the way back to being the top Welsh side again.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Off the Top
Initiate

Post by Off the Top »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:29 am Not having seen much of the ospreys since booth took over I was impressed with their work ethic and directness in the backs. The big 12 was a handful and they look to be on the way back to being the top Welsh side again.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I agree with this post. I though the Osprey's played very well in the first half and didn't let us get our hands on the ball. Their pack was very dominant and Webb was a real thorn in our sides.

A mixture of Ulster playing much better, cutting down the errors and the Ospreys tiring, gave us the advantage in the second half. We were very unlucky not to get the bonus point.

It was a good game!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We had our hands on ball plenty we just kept kicking it back or throwing it away. It was very sloppy. A lucky break and we were level at halftime. We had no direction at 10 in the first half. Big Dan's team talk must be have been mustard. Much greater accuracy in the second half.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

We tried way too many off loads, behind the back passes, it was like champagne rugby from people who had never played rugby at that level. Focus on the basics and we would have got a try bonus no bother.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:22 am A half a match best forgotten where they went in all square and didn't deserve it to be honest.
Which is why Timoney's part in that was part of why so many voted him as their man of the match.

Of course he did a lot more (which you seemed to have missed) but that score just before halftime greatly changed the Ulster mindset for the second half.

That does not take a way from what others contributed, particularly Reidy, Lowry and Lyttle.
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Timoney was outstanding. 15 tackles and 18 carries. He won a crucial penalty turnover also.