Ulster v Leinster Sat Mar 6th 7:35pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Leinster Sat Mar 6th 7:35pm KO

Post by Dave »

turko wrote:Is that rainbow cup thing still on? Not sure how it can be if the lions is off
SA is a red list travel banned country at present. I can't see that changing for quite a while. Currently anyone coming into the UK will have to have a negative test before leaving and quarantine when they get here. The risks are too high. There is evidence of reduced efficacy with the AZ vaccine against the SA variant B1.351. We have just used the AZ vaccine with all our over 80s. There is no way it should proceed in the near future.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:48 pm Loved the comment from Dan - Baloucoune scored two lovely tries ... sorry one try ...

I think we know what he thinks.

Wouldn't be drawn in public about the decisions, but said he had plenty to say in private!
It was a dummy runner no block whatsoever
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Tap+Go wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:37 pm
jean valjean wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:31 pm Murphy was talked into a red by the tmo and touch judge. A forearm to the shoulder is now an elbow to the throat.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Maybe. But run in upright with a leading high forearm you are giving the officials an opportunity to make a decision & Murphy needs no encouragement to make it an adverse one for Ulster. It’s inconsistent with the Toner one but unfortunately Warwick has gave him the opportunity.
Especially when he described Toner's as a stiff arm tackle, whereas, Warwick's was no more than a push with a forearm (which initially landed on upper chest/shoulder despite what TMO said). Toners was a deliberate act and far more dangerous. Height is no mitigation - toner has had a career tackling people smaller than himself - he should be able to do it safely by now.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

fermain wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:55 pm i am not one to criticise the ref... much, but this prat has been bought and paid for.
Played for Munster and Connacht - going for the full set outside Ulster.

Must admit, when I saw who was refereeing, I was encouraged. I thought Frank was turning into a decent ref, and no someone I worried about reffing Ulster.

I'm not afraid to admit, I was wrong.
I'm not arguing -
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Hard to see what is the point of buying a season ticket for 2021-22 if you run the risk that any match is going to be decided by the ref within 20 minutes. It's the inconsistency within the game and then between games that is so infuriating. And is the TMO now the 4th ref ?

Credit however to Ulster for not giving in and playing to the final yellow card (oops whistle).

As pointed out by others, offisde seemed to disappear somewhere near the Leinster line - as did coming in from the side when close to the Ulster line.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:02 pm So how do you defend against this Leinster short game?
You get your captain to point out how they are illegally taking the tap penalty (stepping in front of the ball) but the referee says he won't discuss it now, but can have a chat about it later! AOC was not impressed.

IE, you hope that you can defend against that NEXT time he referees Ulster v Leinster. I wouldn't be that hopeful.
I'm not arguing -
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

Dave wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:54 pm
turko wrote:Is that rainbow cup thing still on? Not sure how it can be if the lions is off
SA is a red list travel banned country at present. I can't see that changing for quite a while. Currently anyone coming into the UK will have to have a negative test before leaving and quarantine when they get here. The risks are too high. There is evidence of reduced efficacy with the AZ vaccine against the SA variant B1.351. We have just used the AZ vaccine with all our over 80s. There is no way it should proceed in the near future.
Agree Dave would be outrageous if it was on given the current situation. Shame then that the PRO14 doesn’t then adapt and go back to semi finals. Think it would be fair to let Ulster and Munster play off to see who gets to the final.

You never know Connacht may even beat the Mexicans :duck:
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Have to agree Cap'n and WestDr ref had a blue shirt on most of the night
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

WestDr wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:04 pm Hard to see what is the point of buying a season ticket for 2021-22 if you run the risk that any match is going to be decided by the ref within 20 minutes. It's the inconsistency within the game and then between games that is so infuriating. And is the TMO now the 4th ref ?

Credit however to Ulster for not giving in and playing to the final yellow card (oops whistle).

As pointed out by others, offisde seemed to disappear somewhere near the Leinster line - as did coming in from the side when close to the Ulster line.
The point of buying a ticket (season or otherwise) is for the 16th man to put both the opposition AND the officials under pressure, and to give the team a lift even if screwed over by those officials.

There are some matches where the TMo seems to think (s)he is the 1st referee by proxy. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There was mitigation with Warwick's arm to neck as there was two tacklers and it wasn't with at great force or speed. The ref initially said it wasn't dangerous. The TMO wanted a red.

The mitigation for Jimmy O'Brien was gravity bringing Mads down.
For Toner it was because he is tall.
FFS.

The FIRFU is an incompetent organisation from top to bottom. It should be disbanded.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Andrew Trimble called it, every year it’s referees, bad calls, bad luck etc etc - eventually you have to change your luck, he said it and that’s the truth. Ten bonus points versus zero in two meetings and Leo saying there are big games to come, put us right in our place that did.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

When was the last time the IRFU produced a referee who wasn't hopeless?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Marco wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:08 pm Andrew Trimble called it, every year it’s referees, bad calls, bad luck etc etc - eventually you have to change your luck, he said it and that’s the truth. Ten bonus points versus zero in two meetings and Leo saying there are big games to come, put us right in our place that did.
Leo is a fugly ladies front bottom who is carried by an academy system and Mr.Lancaster.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:54 pm
Not all - Care homes and some others have had the Pfizer. As have I (60+).

Agree though that the Rainbow Cup seems to be a risk too far, despite most of us wanting a return to normal sport asap.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

thecrouch wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:09 pm When was the last time the IRFU produced a referee who wasn't hopeless?
Alan Lewis?
I'm not arguing -