Rainbow Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Rainbow Cup

Post by jean valjean »

This could get messy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Can anyone confirm how many weeks suspension did Addison get? I know he has previous (4 weeks in 2019) so presumably that counted against him?
Hope is not a strategy.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The score line depends on whether Ulster turn up -- which given the opposition and the fact that Ulster have something to prove might have a bearing on the game so it might be closer than some think. but ulster being a couple of players short of full strength I don't expect a win.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Think I would settle for a loss by 40 at this point, scary the difference in quality
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The major difference is in the front rows and back rows -- both teams have flawed half back partnerships and i have always considered the the leinster backline a little over valued in terms of quality, Henshaw can be a bit iffy, on form an excellent back but -- a Lions jersey -- might take a bit of the ginger out of his mix. basically the leinster back row make defending easy for the backs.

I expect a Leo inspired game --wait for the penalties to get into the 22 and pre-latch forward rushes over the try line from the line out --a game plan for 21 points
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:04 pm Can anyone confirm how many weeks suspension did Addison get? I know he has previous (4 weeks in 2019) so presumably that counted against him?
Will Addison of Ulster Rugby has been banned for a period of four weeks as a result of his red card in the Guinness PRO14 Rainbow Cup Round 2 fixture with Munster on Friday, May 7, 2021. The Player was shown a red card by Referee Craig Evans (WRU) under Law 9.13 – A Player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously. Dangerous tackling includes, but is not limited to, tackling or attempting to tackle an opponent above the lie of the shoulders even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders.

The Disciplinary process for the red card offence was presided over by Judicial Officer Rhian Williams (WRU) who concluded that a mid-range offence had occurred, with a mid-range entry point of six weeks. In order to determine the ultimate sanction, the Judicial Officer considered the lack of aggravating circumstances and the range of mitigating factors advanced by the Player.

Only 3 games left for Ulster in the Geoffrey & Bungle Cup, so the 4th game will probably be covered by Ireland's 1st summer test v Japan in July.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

This game needs to be a line drawn in the sand for Ulster.

The last 3 losses can be put down to the challenge cup imo, with Connacht we were looking ahead, with Munster we were looking back, but there’s no excuses this time.

Whilst this isn’t a big game in terms of silverware or even within the context of the tournament, I do think it’s important we lay down a marker here. This is a big test of the squads character and Dan’s ‘fight for every inch’ motto, to see if we’ve actually progressed from the Kiss era, where I would be expecting us to come at this rather half heartedly and ship 50 points.

It would be very easy just to head down and not really show up. After all, our season is over, it’s away to Leinster’s first XV (or close enough), no one is giving us a chance of coming within 20/30 points. Whether we just stop playing and lay down once Leinster start coming at us or whether we keep fighting will be an indicator of how far we’ve come.

I’m not expecting us to win, Leinster have too much quality but if we can make a good game of it and make Leinster work damn hard for the win, I’ll be happy. Back that up with 2 wins against scarlets and Edinburgh, whilst giving the young guys like Reid, Stewart, McCann, Rea Jr, Doak etc game too and I think we’ll be building nicely for next season.

These next 3 games need to be treated as the start of next season rather than the end of this one.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

If the next 3 games are to be treated as start of next season I’d expect to see even more pups and academy squad starting so can’t fathom why a strong (with respect to Ulster) XV.

Looking at the Leinster pack - i fear a massacre.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

So which missing lion is being lined up for motm? Ringrose, Ryan or healy? My money is on Ryan, given he is up against hendo and da media will love nothing more than a jilted winge fest.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

So, where are with with recruitment, I don’t see us breaking any tea cups with this current crop of players and management next season ,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Recruitment has been woeful this last number of seasons. Bryn out.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Doris will be MOTM.
There is zero interest in this match and in this phony tournament down here. Apart from summer tag rugby and the Lions, we are all tuned out until September.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I would say there would be a few Leinster players with a point to prove. There will always be potential injuries before the tour and during. So the window is not completely shut.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HighlandRed
Novice

Post by HighlandRed »

Surprised with the lack of nippers, guess Dan wants the squad to put out a statement for next year and to see where we are.

In Dan we trust.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Which will happen first tonight.

Leinster turnover as Shanners delays taking the ball from the back of the ruck.

Matty Rea acting the hardman to get on tv