Rainbow Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

Re: Rainbow Cup

Post by Dharper »

(15-9) Jacob Stockdale, Robert Baloucoune, James Hume, Stewart Moore, Ethan McIlroy, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8) Andrew Warwick, Rob Herring, Tom O’Toole, Kieran Treadwell, Iain Henderson (Capt.), Matty Rea, Sean Reidy, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: John Andrew, Eric O’Sullivan, Ross Kane, Alan O’Connor, Greg Jones, David Shanahan, Michael Lowry, Will Addison.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

tigerburnie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:43 pm
Snipe Watson wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:08 am
tigerburnie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:54 am Eh?
you said the prem teams risked making a good competition "The Heineken Cup" shyte, I think it made a shyte comp better and the Champions cup is now fairer, so by definition I have disagreed with what you wrote, may be not with what you meant, but you certainly wrote it.
Now if you meant that the pro 14 is shyte and you are risking making the Champions Cup shyte, then I have mis-understood what you meant.
Of course you think that. It was your lot that drove the project. Not specifically Tigers, but there weren't many complaints emanating from Welford road.
You conveniently forget the shambles that it turned into at the time. The loss of revenue and goodwill. HEC wasn't perfect, but it was effective. The whole thing was a power grab, nothing more nothing less. Typical Perfidious Albion stuff. A few opportunistic rich blokes didn't like the fact that their wealth didn't give them control so they wrested control from the existing organisation that was ill prepared to defend itself against such a flagrant piece of brinkmanship. It was simply another smaller scale version of the ESL, which didn't go down too well when the crap hit the fan this week. They don't like it up-em Captain Mainwaring.
Once bitten twice shy. That's why it was such a delight to see the thoroughly Machiavellian Saracens, the main culprits, getting screwed to the wall for other offences.
Well agree about Salarysins getting their comeuppance, but no point going over what has passed regarding the changes to the Euro Cup, it has changed and we all seem to have got on with it.
So back to the weekend, how do you think you will get on? I'm hoping we continue with our progress and beat Northampton in out local derby match.
Not really concerned with the result of tomorrows opposed training. More interested in a clean bill of health and performances from a few key guys.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dharper wrote:(15-9) Jacob Stockdale, Robert Baloucoune, James Hume, Stewart Moore, Ethan McIlroy, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8) Andrew Warwick, Rob Herring, Tom O’Toole, Kieran Treadwell, Iain Henderson (Capt.), Matty Rea, Sean Reidy, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: John Andrew, Eric O’Sullivan, Ross Kane, Alan O’Connor, Greg Jones, David Shanahan, Michael Lowry, Will Addison.
Like the look of the team. Dan has left behind those who need to start next week and we can't afford to get injured (Moore, Murphy) those who are essential back ups (madigan, alby) and benching those who need a rest (EOS, AOC).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Yep. Big Stu in that first category too.

Don’t wanna see Cooney still on the field much beyond half time though.

Saw Shanners chasing his wee dog the other night.

Very short legs but pretty quick.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

tigerburnie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:43 pm Well agree about Salarysins getting their comeuppance, but no point going over what has passed regarding the changes to the Euro Cup, it has changed and we all seem to have got on with it.
Just because people have got on with things after a fait accompli doesn't mean that what happened was right, or for the best.

But hey ho . . . Engerland expects, and all that . . what?

As for Sorries, have they received their comeuppance? In part, maybe, but in full?

IIRC one of the rules of the Gallagher Premiership is that any team that is promoted to the Premiership must have been in full compliance with financial fair play rules for at least the two years prior to promotion. Will that be enforced this year if Sorries meet the other criteria?

Or will rules be quietly re-written to see Sorries promoted less than two years after they were relegated for driving a coach and horses through the very rules they have to have been in compliance with for at least two years before they are eligible for promotion again?

Oh I hope the Trailfinders or Doncaster or Pirates ... or anybody other than Sorries top the table this season. A new Ealing Comedy anyone? :lol:

But then again, no doubt the relegation thing will be looked at again and sorries will get another crack at it again next year.

How is that no relegation thing gonna work for yous anyway Tiger? After it was such a big part of your "need" to change the heiny, as Irish teams etc never had to worry about minor details like relegation?

And who was it that voted in that no relegation thing again? Oh yes, The teams that OWN the premiership . . . including sorries! :roll:

The same bunch who decided to decided to knife their own TV provider in the back and negotiate with a new provider while still under contract to the first one and without consulting other teams or unions, making it twice as expensive for fans to watch their teams in European action on TV.

But sure, as you say, we've all got on with it, and clearly forgotten all about any of that. No hard feelings, eh?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:32 pm
Dharper wrote:(15-9) Jacob Stockdale, Robert Baloucoune, James Hume, Stewart Moore, Ethan McIlroy, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

Like the look of the team. Dan has left behind those who need to start next week and we can't afford to get injured (Moore, Murphy) those who are essential back ups (madigan, alby) and benching those who need a rest (EOS, AOC).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Hendy was always going to play tonight if he was up to it, but I wonder if Herring, Stockdale and Cooney are being given every chance to catch Gatland’s eye?
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Justin maybe more realistically some of the younger players may be hoping for a trip to the South Pacific this summer with Uncle Andy.
I expect Galland to be watching Exeter tonight.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

tigerburnie wrote:Eh?
you said the prem teams risked making a good competition "The Heineken Cup" shyte, I think it made a shyte comp better and the Champions cup is now fairer, so by definition I have disagreed with what you wrote, may be not with what you meant, but you certainly wrote it.
Now if you meant that the pro 14 is shyte and you are risking making the Champions Cup shyte, then I have mis-understood what you meant.
You're stirring for a argument. May I recommend twitter. I said there was a risk, which was a future prediction not an assessment of the current standing of the competition. You offered an opinion on the current standing. Therefore, two different types of assessment. Thus no actual disagreement.

You can continue to pretend to argue or you can STFU. I will leave that decision up to you.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Not looking for an argument, purely a discussion on matters rugby, like we have done on here for years, without falling out.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I feel a 'there's a person behind the username' speech coming along soon.

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Aird wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:27 am Justin maybe more realistically some of the younger players may be hoping for a trip to the South Pacific this summer with Uncle Andy.
I expect Galland to be watching Exeter tonight.
I’m still hoping for travelling restrictions to be eased so I can make that trip myself.

The Lions’ budget must stretch to a Premier Sports subscription!
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

<quote>
CONNACHT

(15-9) John Porch; Ben O’Donnell, Sean O’Brien, Tom Daly, Matt Healy; Jack Carty, Caolin Blade; (1-8) Jordan Duggan, Dave Heffernan, Finlay Bealham; Ultan Dillane, Gavin Thornbury; Eoghan Masterson, Conor Oliver, Paul Boyle (captain).

Replacements: Shane Delahunt, Matthew Burke, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, Niall Murray, Abraham Papali’i, Kieran Marmion, Conor Fitzgerald, Peter Sullivan.
</Quote>

Is this a fully loaded Connacht team?
I'm assuming Marmion coming back from injury giving Blade the start, it has the pecking order changed?

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

tigerburnie wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:41 pm Not looking for an argument, purely a discussion on matters rugby, like we have done on here for years, without falling out.
Nobody is falling out with anybody tigger. Frank exchange of views with no quarter sought or given. :thumleft:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There, there...

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Weak from Rea and Warwick. Paul Boyle is a very good carrier mind.