Rainbow Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Rainbow Cup

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Pimpmac wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:02 pm No harm but that’s pretty shambolic. Professional players with the opportunity to get fans in the stadium and clearly a breach of protocols result in the game being cancelled.

Given it’s UR I shouldn’t be surprised but it’s still a bit of a shock given all we have learnt over the past 15 months. Football teams across the UK have been getting checked for months and haven’t had this type of issue for many, many months. Clearly a few of the team aren’t on the same page when it comes to protecting themselves, the club and their workplace from the risks.

No doubt many will jump on here to defend, but given the lack of cases being demonstrated across the country, an exceptionally extensive lockdown that has had implications on people’s freedom and livelihood, yet 4 at the club manage to catch it. The figures indicate the infection rate is 22 per 100k people in Belfast at the moment and 4 of them are at UR, that’s not just a coincidence, that’s stupidity.
Pimpmac wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:25 pm COVID is COVID people catch it, spread it etc - I get that.
You should have stopped there Pimp, and acknowledged that your first rant was an off the cuff blow fuelled as much from disappointment as anything else.

You have stated that there has been "clearly a breach of protocols" at UR. You then had a chance to back down from that and admit you were wrong. You didn't take it. So now it's time you backed up your allegation, nay, your assertion, with facts to back it up.

But you can't. Even if there was a breach of protocols, it would not guarantee someone gets covid, and nor is it possible to say by complying fully with protocols is it possible to guarantee someone remains free from the virus.
Facts? On the uafc?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:31 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:40 am That's five games in a row now without a win!

Few positives at this stage ......
One match unbeaten?

Despite the points awarded to opposition.
That's one positive Cap but I was told there were four?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:49 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Pimpmac wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:02 pm No harm but that’s pretty shambolic. Professional players with the opportunity to get fans in the stadium and clearly a breach of protocols result in the game being cancelled.

Given it’s UR I shouldn’t be surprised but it’s still a bit of a shock given all we have learnt over the past 15 months. Football teams across the UK have been getting checked for months and haven’t had this type of issue for many, many months. Clearly a few of the team aren’t on the same page when it comes to protecting themselves, the club and their workplace from the risks.

No doubt many will jump on here to defend, but given the lack of cases being demonstrated across the country, an exceptionally extensive lockdown that has had implications on people’s freedom and livelihood, yet 4 at the club manage to catch it. The figures indicate the infection rate is 22 per 100k people in Belfast at the moment and 4 of them are at UR, that’s not just a coincidence, that’s stupidity.
Pimpmac wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:25 pm COVID is COVID people catch it, spread it etc - I get that.
You should have stopped there Pimp, and acknowledged that your first rant was an off the cuff blow fuelled as much from disappointment as anything else.

You have stated that there has been "clearly a breach of protocols" at UR. You then had a chance to back down from that and admit you were wrong. You didn't take it. So now it's time you backed up your allegation, nay, your assertion, with facts to back it up.

But you can't. Even if there was a breach of protocols, it would not guarantee someone gets covid, and nor is it possible to say by complying fully with protocols is it possible to guarantee someone remains free from the virus.
Facts? On the uafc?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorry - dunno wot I was thinking there. :duh:

It won't happen again. :oops:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:56 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:31 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:40 am That's five games in a row now without a win!

Few positives at this stage ......
One match unbeaten?

Despite the points awarded to opposition.
That's one positive Cap but I was told there were four?
Shouldn't have listened to that then, should ya? :roll:
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sorry - dunno wot I was thinking there. :duh:

Is that a fact?
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Shame - opportunity for more pup gametime lost. That said maybe the squad need end of season, mentally detox, and restart in July freshened up.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Nightmare for Buckley.

Leads the team out in his 200th appearance, wins a turnover after 30 seconds and gets his knee wrecked in the process.

Managed to limp off but it didn’t look good.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:47 pm Nightmare for Buckley.

Leads the team out in his 200th appearance, wins a turnover after 30 seconds and gets his knee wrecked in the process.

Managed to limp off but it didn’t look good.
Yes, he'll be lucky if it's not ACL damage.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:08 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sorry - dunno wot I was thinking there. :duh:

Is that a fact?
Don't be silly. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Edinburgh have had a positive test.

Training cancelled tomorrow.

Game still on at the moment.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

https://www.ulsterrugby.com/2021/06/squ ... june-2021/

Going to be an interesting team selection for Edinburgh with the 4 players who tested positive missing along with a further 9 who are having to self-isolate.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

These days, ours is a pretty short list.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

No indication given so far of which players are isolating or tested positive. The right call imo. No doubt the bellends at the belly laff are dying to do a piece on it. Obviously we will have a fair idea when the team is announced but hopefully it will not be known who tested positive and who were the close contacts.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Palpable sense of excitement ahead of tomorrow.

Three or four lads getting a chance to say their gooodbyes.

Mixture of youth and experience for Edinburgh.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ulster team to play Edinburgh Rugby, Guinness PRO14 Rainbow Cup Round 5, Saturday 5 June at BT Murayfield (kick-off 5.15pm, live on Premier Sports):

(15-9) Rob Lyttle, Matt Faddes, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Craig Gilroy, Ian Madigan, David Shanahan;

(1-8) Kyle McCall, Adam McBurney, Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor, Iain Henderson (Capt.), Matty Rea, Marcus Rea, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: Rob Herring, Andrew Warwick, Tom O’Toole, Kieran Treadwell, Greg Jones, Alby Mathewson, Billy Burns, Michael Lowry.