Rainbow Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

armalig
Novice

Re: Rainbow Cup

Post by armalig »

Came away in good form watching that... very encouraging & cud easily have won it with all the line breaks ...

McCloskey unreal
Rea & Timobey superb
Hendy added to highlights reel
Shanners very good
Doak nice cameo but look to rhs 👀
Carter decent
Tommy bowe cutting off Darcy - priceless
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory ... you have to be clinical in the opposition 22 and we just were not good enough ... that was a poor Leinster performance in a game we should have won
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory ... you have to be clinical in the opposition 22 and we just were not good enough ... that was a poor Leinster performance in a game we should have won
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Going to be controversial and say we were better with our out half controlling the game rather than our scrum half.

Shanners did the basics well, was empathetic to the rythmn of the game and gave it to his outhalf to play ball.

A definite shift in our point of attack and it threw Leinster, especially in 1st half.

Carter added a bit of grunt to the pack. Hopefully he gets an injury free season coming up. He will add a lot.

Adamson refereeing on outcome rather than intent. Poor. No beef with Robbie he's an honest player, just got it wrong.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

HammerTime wrote:Does Balacoune know how to catch a high ball? Woeful from such a tall winger.
Who?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Leinster are on the beach enjoying their summer hols regardless of what the names on the team sheet say.

Same old story against Leinster though. Ulster cannot breach the defence and take chances. Doak will be better for that run out in a tight game against good opposition.

When did Ringrose last assume kicking duties in a meaningful game I wonder.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

armalig wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:26 pm Came away in good form watching that... very encouraging & cud easily have won it with all the line breaks ...

McCloskey unreal
Rea & Timobey superb
Hendy added to highlights reel
Shanners very good
Doak nice cameo but look to rhs 👀
Carter decent
Tommy bowe cutting off Darcy - priceless
What did Tommy do to D'arcy?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bart S wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:01 pm Leinster are on the beach enjoying their summer hols regardless of what the names on the team sheet say.

Same old story against Leinster though. Ulster cannot breach the defence and take chances. Doak will be better for that run out in a tight game against good opposition.

When did Ringrose last assume kicking duties in a meaningful game I wonder.
Last week!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ok get it right ffs Shanners made to or three appalling mistakes and got turnover at least twice

Doak has a lot of work to do on his pass consistence passes to players shoulders to often at the moment. if lowry had been out half he would be tackled in the air.

But like I said before the match I didn't see Leinster winning by a large margin to many Ulster players had something to prove after the Munster match and the game against Connaught .

The ref or TMO were never going to give Henshaw a red -- but the lack of at least a yellow was a disgrace . But Ulster always get the wrong end and have to the to kiss the cow's ass
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Well most people had Ulster down to get tanked before that match, I said I’d be happy if we made Leinster work hard for the win, and we did. The character and pride was there. The skills maybe not so much, but pre Dan we would’ve had neither.

Henshaw was very lucky imo. Horrendous tackle for both him and Baloucoune, even though some may argue it’s technically legal, it’s so so dangerous, and especially ridiculous when you consider what we’ve seen reds given for this season (*cough cough Andy Warwick). Also not sure how the ref missed the trip on Doak.

The front row was very solid, big respect to EOS, phenomenal performance against Furlong. The replacement front row too added a lot of pace. Roberts was excellent.

Hendy was immense, the back row was also really good - Timoney has to be in the Ireland squad for the summer. Rea put in a really good shift too. Thought Shanahan had a better game than people are making him out to have, yes he made some mistakes, but that’s his first start in well over a year and he was by no means terrible. McCloskey was brilliant, and Stockdale too had a very composed first half.

2 wins to finish out the season, and more game time to the young players and I feel pretty good going into next season. Yes we’ve lost 4 in a row, but 3 of them have come away to Welford Road, Thomond Park and the RDS, not exactly places renowned for being happy hunting grounds for away sides.

The character and fight is certainly there, and that will go a long way. We do still lack that bit of quality and composure, especially in taking our chances, but that will come with experience.

Onwards and upwards :fleg:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

SUFTUM_19 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:47 am The character and fight is certainly there, and that will go a long way. We do still lack that bit of quality and composure, especially in taking our chances, but that will come with experience.
Agree with most of what you say, but that last bit seems to have been the feeling around Ulster for the last 15 years or more.

Still wondering what this "experience" is that keeps alluding us. :?

Maybe it's just winning in certain places (eg RDS) or getting a piece of silverware, but whatever it is, Leinster already have it in bucket loads, so when the pressure is on they are calm and assured, soak up pressure and take their chances when they come along (mostly). We, on the other hand, lose composure against certain teams (Leinster) when we get to their 5m line, and don't defend our own line against them the way we do against others.

It seems the only experience we are building is still losing to teams like Leinster, at places like RDS.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

https://mobile.twitter.com/Murray_Kinse ... 2971110401

Addison got a 4 week ban for this. Is it worse than what henshaw did last night?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

jean valjean wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:07 am https://mobile.twitter.com/Murray_Kinse ... 2971110401

Addison got a 4 week ban for this. Is it worse than what henshaw did last night?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
To me Henshaw's is a straight red, just an horrific tackle from an outstanding player. No maliciousness or anything like that, but as we keep hearing intent doesn't matter a jot, way too high and exactly the type of tackle they want to take out of the game. Feel we have been hard done by this year on cards.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Hendy put in an invidious position regarding his captain’s challenge.

Joy would no doubt have looked at that tackle anyway and would probably be more likely to penalise it had she not been compelled to review it by a mere player.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?