Rainbow Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Rainbow Cup

Post by UlsterNo9 »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:40 am No 9 do not belittle the achievement of the team of 99 a bunch of players half of whom were amateurs beat the cream of the french sides and in the process made the European Cup the competition it is to-day . The crowd attending the final was substantially larger than any previous final. And by winning that team made possible Professional ( full-Time) rugby in Ireland-- prior to 99 their was no Celtic league worthy of the name and most to the players were only part time professionals training before and after work.
At what point did I belittle them? My message was quite clear, do not belittle Benettons achievement.

Come on Rum, you're smarter than this.....
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Come on Rum, you're smarter than this.....
Really????
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Great to see Benetton play with some of that verve they showed against us back in October, whilst doing well up front too.

Thoroughly deserved win on the night.

Hope they can keep their 10 for a good few years. Nice finish for Hayward who’s been good to watch.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Seems like the SA sides might not travel so well. Traditionally they didn't in super rugby. At home with altitude it will be a different story.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?