Rainbow Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Re: Rainbow Cup

Post by HammerTime »

Some of these young bucks look like they're heading the way of so many Ulstermen before them ... AVERAGE.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

None of this should take away from Ulster's performance. But ya know what, they don't appear to care much for this Mickey mouse rainbow nonsense.

Ulster cared as much as the fans in the stands did.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Mission accomplished. No injuries sustained and youngsters given a game.
Alby Mathewson can head home any time he likes.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Anyone getting completely fed up with these sorts of games? We can't seem to catch a break at times but our discipline and ball security go out the window when we need to up the physicality. We really need to end the season with some positivity and get a full preseason in with the entire squad bar hendo. Our ability to cope with match stress is so poor and needs a complete overhaul.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Well beaten but TMO Olly Hodges is a d%ckhead,
as is Jackman.
All high tackles should be straight reds instead of this sh1t about intent etc. Jackman called high tackle on Lowry as unlucky as Lowry ducked. Same scenario as Addison red card
Why are there special rules for POM before he is carded?
Sadly we are years away from being a competitive team
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

jean valjean wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:15 pm Anyone getting completely fed up with these sorts of games? We can't seem to catch a break at times but our discipline and ball security go out the window when we need to up the physicality. We really need to end the season with some positivity and get a full preseason in with the entire squad bar hendo. Our ability to cope with match stress is so poor and needs a complete overhaul.

Agree totally but can’t see where the positivity is coming from with Leinster away next week and I’ll be shocked if we are sitting on anything but 4 defeats in a row.

The last passage of play summed the two sides up. Ulster with 15 try to force the play between Hume and Shanahan despite playing against 14. The forced play leads to a turnover and Munster attack where they hold the ball for one breakdown before being left with a massive overlap despite being a man down. In the context of being well beaten at the time it’s meaningless but it really sums up our effectiveness at turning pressure in to points.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Thought Rea Jr and Callum Reid added a lot.. but that was painful..
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Lowry deserves to be hit high, because he's small.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Need to get the chequebook out.

Hey Rory can you sign this?
article-2385653-1B2D75EE000005DC-132_634x470.jpg
article-2385653-1B2D75EE000005DC-132_634x470.jpg (61.5 KiB) Viewed 787 times
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cooney deserves to get pollaxed because Nadolo is big.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Tactically outclassed.

Players setup to fail.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Munster were stronger, more aggressive, better drilled, had better basic skills and deserved to win by almost thirty points. Three years since we lost three in a row, how long will it be next week since we lost four in a row?
No injuries is the only positive.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Snipe Watson wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:12 pm Mission accomplished. No injuries sustained and youngsters given a game.
Alby Mathewson can head home any time he likes.
Or half a game anyway. Reid probably caught the eye as much as anyone.

Alby was the best of the half backs and he might have to ask Jacinda before he can head home.

Anyone else spot Snyman flip off the camera? Did he think we wouldn’t recognise him behind the mask?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

In Fairness on occasions refs and refs assistants have cost Ulster games especially in" Interpros" last night one touch judge was adding a few yards to the distance to the try line but then some might say the disadvantage was short lived due to the next penalty ----- but that fails to take account of the extra energy that has to applied at the previous line out.

( small gripe and not really worth thinking about in a game where Ulsters commitment to the competition was in doubt.

The handbags weren't the result of a "we care about the win " but a refusal to lie down to bullying by a side who think a Tin Pot to p-ss in is important.

Now for appraisal Lowry at out half didn't add greatly to the mix and didn't last the match granted the service wasn't the greatest playing into a backline marginally on the offside line--- but that's not something that would be unique .

The scoreline flattered Munster two run-ins and intercept and a last minute cross kick to a wing in "space "with a few trys run in to a make shift defence ( a backline not used to playing together and out of position and alignment and maybe a man short.

I would expect that could be Henderson's last appearance for this season.

The forever maul and failure to score i put down to a makeshift backline without a set piece play - Munster ran in a couple based on what would appear to be training ground plays

And to fair to Munster their backline looked the better of the two both defensively and in attack which is a rare occurrence as munster backlines have for many years seemed purely defensive .
Again at the end of the game the result meant more to Munster than Ulster and therefore not a surprise
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Our back play was disappointing given the names we had out, but it just goes to show the impact of losing the contacts. Lowry will be disappointed with his display but will learn from it. No one has mentioned the conditions last night and our complete failure to kick for territory in the first half. We haven't had a proper kicking game for many years and out tactical awareness is still pretty clueless if cooney isn't on the pitch.