Rainbow Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jetstream
Squire

Re: Rainbow Cup

Post by Jetstream »

Jackman is some biased commentator. Never shut his mouth about Connacht all night. I would not worry too much about the result but I was very disappointed watching Connacht players applauding Ulster knock ons.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Connacht when they see a knock on:

https://youtu.be/r0yobZojRHg
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Jetstream wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:17 pm Jackman is some biased commentator. Never shut his mouth about Connacht all night. I would not worry too much about the result but I was very disappointed watching Connacht players applauding Ulster knock ons.
This nonsense of screaming like roid heads when winning penalties is excruciating. I'm sure it is amplified due to the lack of crowds but I don't recall seeing much of this nonsense from the side-lines in years gone by.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I would also query the "high definition" camera the TMO was using. Again I could be wrong, but when you could see the ball behind the dead-ball line, there was a shadow under it - i.e. it looked to me like the ball was still in the air. The only time you could be sure the ball was grounded was clearly on the dead-ball line - not just touching it, but fully on it. That also suggests that initial grounding could not have been 4" or whatever behind that.

I'm not sure even a high definition image could give a definitive answer from that angle, in which case the on-field decision should have stood. The only angle that could have determined if the ball was grounded before the line would have been sideways on.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Jetstream wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:17 pm Jackman is some biased commentator. Never shut his mouth about Connacht all night. I would not worry too much about the result but I was very disappointed watching Connacht players applauding Ulster knock ons.
Nigel would have had a word . . .

TBF, I think Andrew Brace did have a word, but clearly not strongly enough.
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I would also query the "high definition" camera the TMO was using. Again I could be wrong, but when you could see the ball behind the dead-ball line, there was a shadow under it - i.e. it looked to me like the ball was still in the air. The only time you could be sure the ball was grounded was clearly on the dead-ball line - not just touching it, but fully on it. That also suggests that initial grounding could not have been 4" or whatever behind that.

I'm not sure even a high definition image could give a definitive answer from that angle, in which case the on-field decision should have stood. The only angle that could have determined if the ball was grounded before the line would have been sideways on.
AOC was making the point that you couldn't tell if there was downward pressure on that distorted freeze frame. Pointless taking to Brace. He's absolutely brainless.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

The offside rule has to be changed or refereed properly ... Connacht were rarely onside tonight and I have no doubt we were pretty dodgy at times but it's a complete joke
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I don't care. Meaningless game.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dan clearly not a happy bunny, but I suspect part of that is to get a reaction.

That was not our strongest team - if winning was the main object, the starting team and bench would have been different, so even Dan had one eye on next week. That said, that team should have been good enough to win, and had the opportunities to do so. that is disappointing, but that disappointment will be relieved if we put in a winning performance next week.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:31 pm I don't care. Meaningless game.
Not quite meaningless - it was better to have an opposed training session than to have a blank week.

I reserve the right to amend that opinion if it transpires we have suffered any significant injuries, but it looked like we had come through relatively unscathed and Henderson and Addison got much needed game time, while a couple of others had a timely rest.
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lowry at 10. Addison at 15.

Change my mind...
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:Lowry at 10. Addison at 15.

Change my mind...
Alby and madigan to start next week.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Dave wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:40 pm Lowry at 10. Addison at 15.

Change my mind...
Lowry at 10 isn't going to stick whilst Burns somehow continues to masquerade as an Ireland player.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Meaningless or not, we still contrived to throw a winning position away when 5m from their line at 78m 53s. Not the first time ( remember Gloucester?)first

Need to get this sorted
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:39 pm
Snipe Watson wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:31 pm I don't care. Meaningless game.
Not quite meaningless - it was better to have an opposed training session than to have a blank week.

I reserve the right to amend that opinion if it transpires we have suffered any significant injuries, but it looked like we had come through relatively unscathed and Henderson and Addison got much needed game time, while a couple of others had a timely rest.
Meaningless in terms of me worrying about the result. However you are correct in what you say about the positives of no injuries and getting a run out.