Rainbow Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Rainbow Cup

Post by Dave »

The UK are considering a travel ban from France because the SA variant B.1.135 is currently rife there. It would be difficult to envisage then delisting SA from the red list. The bic biro could be in doubt.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Like pretty much everyone else, I don't begin to understand the logic of this 'competition'. The best idea so far are that we should use it for developing some of the young guys. Give it a lash and see what happens.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Hopefully Addison will be involved.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

They simply should not have ran with this sh!tefest and just said to the Saffas we’ll see you next season fingers crossed if all is well, and continued the Pro12 as a full home and away league with playoffs.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

TopPoster wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:49 pm They simply should not have ran with this sh!tefest and just said to the Saffas we’ll see you next season fingers crossed if all is well, and continued the Pro12 as a full home and away league with playoffs.
They took the Saffer cash, but the pandemic meant the Cheetahs and Kings couldn't play in season in 20/21, so they dreamed up the Geoffrey and Bungle Cup as a warm up tournament for Pro 16 21/22.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Tis an "interesting" format for sure
Last edited by Neill_M on Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

That's what the DUP believe is the consequence of consuming 'gay cake'.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I watched it, I actually watched it and worse still...

... I watched the next one as well. :duh: :duh: :duh:
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Hearing SA sides are out of the Rainbow Cup. Pretty depressing if true.

Quote of Twitter. I'm fecking shocked.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:58 am Hearing SA sides are out of the Rainbow Cup. Pretty depressing if true.

Maybe Munster could have a hoke in their trophy cabinet and dust off the old Celtic Cup.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:44 am
damianmcr wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:58 am Hearing SA sides are out of the Rainbow Cup. Pretty depressing if true.

Maybe Munster could have a hoke in their trophy cabinet and dust off the old Celtic Cup.
I have an old work golf trophy that's been in my garage for about 20 years, they can have it.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

If so, just play the reverse inter-pro fixtures for a full home and away and inter-pro cup and feck the rest of the Pro NN nations.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Seemed like all was on a couple of days ago although no idea what the logistics were.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:10 pm They took the Saffer cash, but the pandemic meant the Cheetahs and Kings couldn't play in season in 20/21, so they dreamed up the Geoffrey and Bungle Cup as a warm up tournament for Pro 16 21/22.
They should have simply held that saffa gold on account for another season and prolonged the existing contracts for another year, or whatever period of time is required to get through the pandemonic.

Even the structure and fixtures of the Geoffrey and Bungle Cup are flawed due to the geographic restrictions that will be in place.

The only ones that I see taking it any way seriously would be Leinster and the Saffas. Not saying the former will take it more seriously than other teams, simply that they can afford to, simply for the potential to add another bit of silverware to the trophy cabinet.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right