Ulster in the Challenge Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

germcevoy
Initiate

Re: Ulster in the Challenge Cup

Post by germcevoy »

I don’t know this feeling. I’m too young.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Lost for words how we shipped that many points in a half of rugby.

Why on earth we stopped playing rugby is beyond me, totally against the Ulster way. Our tagline is Speed (some will argue it’s fight for every inch but they are wrong) and 2nd half we were the flattest I have seen since Dan took over. Literally kicked everything away.
Alby.........I’m angry so I’ll stop at that.

I’m hoping the last two games are bumps in the road but that was incredibly hard to take.

Not an excuse but going through a European campaign with only one game at home against Toulouse has been unlucky.

Good luck to the Tigers in the final, hope they win it.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Alby was beyond atrocious. Was that a game plan to kick it away every time Ulster got the ball?
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I feel the way I did after the Saracens Payne game at Ravenhill and the Leinster RDS Pro12 final. No way we should have lost that.

That assault on Cooney was a red all day, you can't knock out an opposition player. No duty of care anymore?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

The changes Borthwick made at half time energised them and showed some bottle to take off 2 experienced internationals. EOS weak attempt to clear Moroni off the ball for that vital penalty on their 5m showed he was busted but by them the tide had turned. Not knocking the lad but the loss of mcgrath has been really noticeable as the season has gone on.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Alby made me dream of wee Dave coming off the bench, and I fecking hate him for that alone.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:The changes Borthwick made at half time energised them and showed some bottle to take off 2 experienced internationals. EOS weak attempt to clear Moroni off the ball for that vital penalty on their 5m showed he was busted but by them the tide had turned. Not knocking the lad but the loss of mcgrath has been really noticeable as the season has gone on.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
It was unfortunate because EOS would have had him only Treadwell coming in behind shunted him up over the guy. It was a pivotal moment.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ulster32
Novice

Post by ulster32 »

Surely it’s plain to see from the coaching box matthewson was kicking far too much!? Do they not get msgs onto the pitch.

When you’re relying on a 40 year old to come off the bench it doesn’t say much. Surely doak or Finley should have been given opportunities before now. There is only one way to find out if they’re good enough. They’ll probably get thrown in now when the season is over.

When there is no front foot ball burns seems to just shovel the ball side ways to the next man.

I love Addison as a player, but to kick the ball out on the full at such a crucial moment when he so obviously knocked the ball back into the 22 was criminal leading to the final tigers try.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

There is no doubt that we lost the game after losing Cooney. That said the first half was possibly one of the best 40 mins of rugby I’ve seen Ulster play in many’s a long year!
Hope is not a strategy.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ulster32 wrote:Surely it’s plain to see from the coaching box matthewson was kicking far too much!? Do they not get msgs onto the pitch.

When you’re relying on a 40 year old to come off the bench it doesn’t say much. Surely doak or Finley should have been given opportunities before now. There is only one way to find out if they’re good enough. They’ll probably get thrown in now when the season is over.

When there is no front foot ball burns seems to just shovel the ball side ways to the next man.

I love Addison as a player, but to kick the ball out on the full at such a crucial moment when he so obviously knocked the ball back into the 22 was criminal leading to the final tigers try.
Maybe a 10 that wants the ball would help. Lowry changed things but it was too little too late. Anyone know why Lowry was dropped? He has been the spark in the team in nearly every game he plays.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I hear he's too small
ulster32
Novice

Post by ulster32 »

Spurs Rfc
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

Jackie Brown wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:45 pm I feel the way I did after the Saracens Payne game at Ravenhill and the Leinster RDS Pro12 final. No way we should have lost that.
couldn't agree more. Gutted
HighlandRed
Novice

Post by HighlandRed »

Thought we had it at half time. Fair play to riggers for coming back. Weise was quiet which is credit to our back row.

We lost all energy in second half.

I didn't think it was a red, just unfortunate.

We didn't complain about alby on the bench to start, but he played completely into their kicking game plan. Bobby b barely had an attacking pass all night. Alby is done.

Very disappointing end to the competitive season, we had that game in our control and let it slip.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The facts are: stiff arm to the head, therefore red card.

Non facts: unfortunate, not malicious, not deliberate.

No duty of care was shown by Nadolo. He stiffens his arm as Cooney approached, THAT is wreckless. There was no attempt to play the ball with his arm stiff like that. Player welfare has taken a backseat as usual. The longterm effects are now for Cooney to live with. A sad state of affairs.