Saints v Ulster QF Saturday 8pm KO BT Sport 2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Saints v Ulster QF Saturday 8pm KO BT Sport 2

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster still 6 point favourites after teams have been announced.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:04 pm Saints 23 - It ain't the 2s

15 Tommy Freeman, 14 Ollie Sleightholme, 13 Rory Hutchinson, 12 Piers Francis, 11 Taqele Naiyaravoro, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Alex Mitchell,
1 Alex Waller (co-capt), 2 Sam Matavesi, 3 Paul Hill, 4 David Ribbans, 5 Alex Coles, 6 Nick Isiekwe, 7 Lewis Ludlam (co-capt), 8 Teimana Harrison

16 Mike Haywood, 17 Nick Auterac, 18 Ehren Painter, 19 Alex Moon, 20 Tom Wood, 21 Tom James, 22 Ahsee Tuala, 23 Fraser Dingwall
Not quite their first team either. If they want it more, we could struggle, but if they have one eye on London Irish and the league, we should have a decent shot. We will need to do more than turn up to win this one.
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

This will be a real test. No Henderson is a big blow and we look a bit light up front without him and Coetezee. Always a bit worried when no changes are made from a previous game. Especially when its only been a 6 day turn around. Would have maybe freshened up the front row. Anyhow game on. If we keep the aggression up without giving away penalties and take our chances hopefully we can reverse the result from Milton Keynes 10 years ago.
LTHG
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Well....fcuk

No Hendy is a bummer. We are down to just two second rows.

SUFTUM
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Thought hendo would make it . Anyway this will be good test for the team, hopefully Biggar is a bit rusty and our pack front up. Need the backs to find the spark cos we won't run through them. Robbie B to show naiyarvoro a clean pair of heals.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:Thought hendo would make it Image. Anyway this will be good test for the team, hopefully Biggar is a bit rusty and our pack front up. Need the backs to find the spark cos we won't run through them. Robbie B to show naiyarvoro a clean pair of heals.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Lowry to dump tackle Naiyaravoro on his hole. Sleightholme could cause as many problems. He is one to watch.
Grey Wolf
Novice

Post by Grey Wolf »

Are they missing any starters apart from Lawes and Furbank? Looks like a pretty tasty team. A little surprised given they’re only 4 points off 4th place and play Irish next Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They’d lost 12 in a row at Christmas, of course.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Grey Wolf wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:30 pm Are they missing any starters apart from Lawes and Furbank? Looks like a pretty tasty team. A little surprised given they’re only 4 points off 4th place and play Irish next Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not available due to injury:
Owen Franks (foot), George Furbank (calf), Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi (achilles), Courtney Lawes (pectoral), Matt Proctor (calf), Api Ratuniyarawa (shoulder), and Kayde Sylvester (achilles).
StKenneth
Novice

Post by StKenneth »

Week in week out, the Saints have the youngest squad in the Premiership. We have some outstanding young players who want to play fast rugby, they are just are a little raw and wet behind the ears, but every week they are learning more and more.

We have the ability to beat you but we have the ability to be very well beaten. If the fast, wide, offloading game works then we can be dangerous but we are equally vulnerable and naive if the game doesn’t click.
Oh When The Saints.. Go Marching In
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I'm apprehensive about tomorrow.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StKenneth wrote:Week in week out, the Saints have the youngest squad in the Premiership. We have some outstanding young players who want to play fast rugby, they are just are a little raw and wet behind the ears, but every week they are learning more and more.

We have the ability to beat you but we have the ability to be very well beaten. If the fast, wide, offloading game works then we can be dangerous but we are equally vulnerable and naive if the game doesn’t click.
Should be a decent open game then. We have a fair few young players who think they are prime Sonny Bill at times. Sometimes it clicks but often not. Our setpiece is pretty solid these days but without Coetzee and Henderson the pack can be a little underpowered. Although the rolling maul is working pretty well. Anyway good luck for tomorrow.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Jackie Brown wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:55 pm I'm apprehensive about tomorrow.
Get a grip man. :duh:

I suggest a large dose of tighten-up syrup. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:18 am

When you boil it down (not the syrup), it's just a wee competition to determine which is the 17th best team in Europe. Does that help?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:29 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:18 am

When you boil it down (not the syrup), it's just a wee competition to determine which is the 17th best team in Europe. Does that help?
With a shiny cup. Ulster could join Saints, Bath, Coventry and Leinster as sides to win both competitions.