US special envoy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

US special envoy

Post by Bobbievee »

Congratulations :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: to one of our finest......Trevor Ringland.

A fair and decent Ulsterman , in all ways, through and through.

A hell of a job mind you, in stemming the tide of republican propaganda and deliberately pedalled myths in the USA, but absolutely right to try

:fleg: :red: :fleg: :red:

Well done that man

( and I say this even though he represented the "other side`" when I was claiming personal injury damages after a hefty car accident!!!!)
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: US special envoy

Post by big mervyn »

Bobbievee wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:00 pm Congratulations :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: to one of our finest......Trevor Ringland.

A hell of a job mind you, in stemming the tide of republican propaganda and deliberately pedalled myths in the USA, but absolutely right to try

Well done that man

( and I say this even though he represented the "other side`" when I was claiming personal injury damages after a hefty car accident!!!!)
Ballix. Who does Ringland speak for? Nobody. He's allowing himself to be a Tory propaganda tool (probably in exchange for another gong) and in the process is making an absolute eejit of himself.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

What is this Tory propaganda? To what end?
maybe that 60 per cent of the people in "the North" want to remain British?

why is that propaganda? Do you know what the word means?
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

If he makes life better for people in Northern Ireland that is really all you can ask for. Good luck to him.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Convince US business to invest a few £££££££ into NI & he can do whatever he likes.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:15 pm
Bobbievee wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:00 pm Congratulations :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: to one of our finest......Trevor Ringland.

Well done that man

Ballix. Who does Ringland speak for? Nobody. He's allowing himself to be a Tory propaganda tool (probably in exchange for another gong) and in the process is making an absolute eejit of himself.
F@NNY
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Good man, Trev. Bring it home. Make us all millionaires by telling the yanks the brits are the good guys. That will go down great with the dum dums thinking they're all at least 2/17th Eyeerrrish.

Uppa colonies.

(Tiocfaidh ár lá)
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Ah yes....... and so it begins.

Only 90 days to next season!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bobbievee wrote: To what end?
maybe that 60 per cent of the people in "the North" want to remain British?
If 60% percent of the brits in the North want to remain brits, that isn't a good stat for them. I suppose the other 40% wish to be pan-european.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I said 60 per cent of the people.....not 60 per cent of the Brits?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

You wrote 'remain British', therefore they would have to be British to remain so.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Difficult to stand over 60% in the current climate without a proper debate and referendum.

You could also argue that some may wish to remain in the UK but still consider themselves to be Irish. It's very complicated.

All that aside, I'm not sure how much traction Mr Ringland will have in the US. The current administration hold the GFA and subsequent devolved administration in some regard and he lacks legitimacy in this respect. The rugby exploits won't cut much ice over there either.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:41 pm Difficult to stand over 60% in the current climate without a proper debate and referendum.

You could also argue that some may wish to remain in the UK but still consider themselves to be Irish. It's very complicated.

All that aside, I'm not sure how much traction Mr Ringland will have in the US. The current administration hold the GFA and subsequent devolved administration in some regard and he lacks legitimacy in this respect. The rugby exploits won't cut much ice over there either.
I suspect Ringland will have little impact.

On the other point. I would suggest that the financial realities of a united Ireland will focus a lot of minds north and south. Once you get beyond the entrenched Nationalists and dreamers, a wide tranche of pragmatists will view unification as a pipe dream.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Just found out he's a Tory boy. I thought he was aligned with the liberal wing of the UUP.

Selected by Brandon Lewis , a man with zero emapthy for NI or it's people, unlike his predecessor who did actually seem to have our interests at heart.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Just found out he's a Tory boy. I thought he was aligned with the liberal wing of the UUP.

Selected by Brandon Lewis , a man with zero emapthy for NI or it's people, unlike his predecessor who did actually seem to have our interests at heart.
He's very keen to impress his tory masters, as he's not even getting paid for the role (according to reports).