United Rugby Championship

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Neill_M » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:47 pm

BR wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:42 pm
Is the BBCw and S4C schedule out? Are they def not covering the Ospreys nor Dragons games?
Going by the Ulster website, the Ospreys and Dragons away games are only on Premier Sports.

TopPoster
Initiate
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by TopPoster » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:01 am


User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17596
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by BR » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:56 am

Not sure UR have considered Welsh coverage.
BBCw look like they are may be doing the bulls v scarlets, so maybe a small chance S4C have the Os game.
Dont think the welsh coverage is decided into January yet, but the options are Scar v Conn, Card v Zeb, Drag v Uls or Lein v Os.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Neill_M » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:21 am

BR wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:56 am
Not sure UR have considered Welsh coverage.
BBCw look like they are may be doing the bulls v scarlets, so maybe a small chance S4C have the Os game.
Dont think the welsh coverage is decided into January yet, but the options are Scar v Conn, Card v Zeb, Drag v Uls or Lein v Os.
S4C showing Stormers v Cardiff, weekend of Ospreys v Ulster.

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17596
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by BR » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:27 pm

Neill_M wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:21 am
BR wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:56 am
Not sure UR have considered Welsh coverage.
BBCw look like they are may be doing the bulls v scarlets, so maybe a small chance S4C have the Os game.
Dont think the welsh coverage is decided into January yet, but the options are Scar v Conn, Card v Zeb, Drag v Uls or Lein v Os.
S4C showing Stormers v Cardiff, weekend of Ospreys v Ulster.
Aye - thought it would be it. :salut:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

User avatar
solidarity
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2583
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by solidarity » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:38 pm

Sorry for being thick. The UR website says Saturday's Zebre match is being shown by 'It/Prem'. What does this mean? Italian/Premier?

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Neill_M » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:28 pm

solidarity wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:38 pm
Sorry for being thick. The UR website says Saturday's Zebre match is being shown by 'It/Prem'. What does this mean? Italian/Premier?
Zebre v Ulster on FTA in Italy on Mediaset. Premier Sports in UK & Super Sport in SA & URC TV (Not in UK/SA). Will be on i Player 24 hours after the game if this weekend is a guide etc.

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Neill_M » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:11 pm

Wales Online reporting that the Scarlets and Cardiff's away games in South Africa in rounds 6 & 7 end of November and start of December will now be played in Italy, due to the need for them to quarantine for 10 days after, which would mean they would be unable to play 1st group match in Heineken Cup.

Munster and Zebre were also due to travel to South Africa in those rounds, so could Zebre have away games in Italy?

Round 6

Stormers v Zebre, Sharks v Scarlets, Bulls v Munster & Lions v Cardiff.

Round 7

Bulls v Scarlets, Sharks v Zebre, Lions v Munster & Stormers v Cardiff.

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17596
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by BR » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:07 pm

Neill_M wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:11 pm
Wales Online reporting that the Scarlets and Cardiff's away games in South Africa in rounds 6 & 7 end of November and start of December will now be played in Italy, due to the need for them to quarantine for 10 days after, which would mean they would be unable to play 1st group match in Heineken Cup.

Munster and Zebre were also due to travel to South Africa in those rounds, so could Zebre have away games in Italy?

Round 6

Stormers v Zebre, Sharks v Scarlets, Bulls v Munster & Lions v Cardiff.

Round 7

Bulls v Scarlets, Sharks v Zebre, Lions v Munster & Stormers v Cardiff.
And so the seson starts to unravel again. :duh:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Neill_M » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:24 pm

Could be a lot of travel for the Boks sides in Rounds 6 & 7. Assuming Munster & Zebre do go to SA and Scarlets and Cardiff to Italy, then the Boks sides may have to fly between Italy and South Africa between the two rounds.

User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4599
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by UlsterNo9 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:40 pm

Neill_M wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:24 pm
Could be a lot of travel for the Boks sides in Rounds 6 & 7. Assuming Munster & Zebre do go to SA and Scarlets and Cardiff to Italy, then the Boks sides may have to fly between Italy and South Africa between the two rounds.
Not ideal but still under 10 hour direct flights between SA and It, as far as I know the Saffer teams had to make a one stop minimum on the way to east coast of Austrailia or New Zealand, 16 hour plus trips :lol:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18

jean valjean
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1800
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by jean valjean » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:00 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:24 pm
Could be a lot of travel for the Boks sides in Rounds 6 & 7. Assuming Munster & Zebre do go to SA and Scarlets and Cardiff to Italy, then the Boks sides may have to fly between Italy and South Africa between the two rounds.
Not ideal but still under 10 hour direct flights between SA and It, as far as I know the Saffer teams had to make a one stop minimum on the way to east coast of Austrailia or New Zealand, 16 hour plus trips Image
Getting a flight at midnight, sleeping on it then get off the next morning at 10am is much preferable to messing up the body clock going east west.

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Neill_M » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:06 pm

Press speculation that 🇿🇦 will be taken off UK Red List on October 7, so the Welsh may still go down there.

germcevoy
Novice
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:13 am

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by germcevoy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:39 pm

I thought tickets for the Aviva game against Connacht were to go on sale yesterday? Nothing showing on ticketmaster.


edit - On sale via Connacht site.

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Neill_M » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:24 pm

germcevoy wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:39 pm
I thought tickets for the Aviva game against Connacht were to go on sale yesterday? Nothing showing on ticketmaster.


edit - On sale via Connacht site.
No shortage to be fair. As things stand, no Enterprise that day, bus substitution from Drogheda. Doing work on the line.

Post Reply