United Rugby Championship

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Hans Indaruck
Squire

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Joe Schmo wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:00 pm £129 for a one year subscription to PremierSports!!
I’ll not be renewing if that’s the case. I didn’t mind paying £80 or so for last season given that it was the only way I could get to see Ulster’s league games. This year, with hopefully being able to attend home games, paying this subscription would amount to something like £20 a game! And that with a faltering streaming sometimes - it is simply not worth it. I rather listen to Gusher!
Hope is not a strategy.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:23 pm
Joe Schmo wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:00 pm £129 for a one year subscription to PremierSports!!
I’ll not be renewing if that’s the case. I didn’t mind paying £80 or so for last season given that it was the only way I could get to see Ulster’s league games. This year, with hopefully being able to attend home games, paying this subscription would amount to something like £20 a game! And that with a faltering streaming sometimes - it is simply not worth it. I rather listen to Gusher!
I got £99 taken out of my account on 23rd, no warning, notification, or confirmation, have asked them to refund it. Guess I must have signed up to a deal for 2 years or something, will see what happens, but surely it shouldn't be too much trouble to let people know you are about to take their money!
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Surely that's illegal? They can guarantee if they do that they will go bust in a year or two.
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

So, I think I'll cancel my subscription to Premier and see what happens. Might have to listen to a couple of matches on the Beeb... just to help keep Gusher in business
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Lucky my card expired and they couldn't auto renew. Have offered a year for 89 quid. What have others been paying?

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Ds69
Novice

Post by Ds69 »

Normally renew around black Friday, got it for £60 the first year and then £80 the 2nd under a different email. Must cancel it too before it auto renews
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I cancelled my subscription through the website. We'll see what offers come up if I need to buy in again.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Saw the writing on the wall when rumours that Sky might be taking over. Initially renewed on a monthly basis so I could watch the Rainbow cup then cancelled. Have been offered renewal for £80 but so far not going to renew. I reckon between BBC Wales and N.Ireland especially with I player Coming into play I am well covered.
RTÉ not playing silly buggers would help too.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

I didn’t renew my premier sub last year so £129 is the full price. No joining offers either but I suspect end of September/October might see an offer appear, I think I paid £79 first time round.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:50 pm ... but surely it shouldn't be too much trouble to let people know you are about to take their money!
Apparently not. I had renewal of a magazine subscription for my wife taken out nearly three months early. When contacted, they said the Ts&Cs allowed them to do that to ensure no delay in processing the second year's subscription. (I honestly don't know if that was true or not).

Wife was happy enough with subscription anyway - it was just that first year was significantly cheaper but renewal was full price. I contacted the bank to block renewal next year though - just as a matter of principle.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Premier Sports are telling me I'm not getting a refund, going to continue complaining and try and get a resolution.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Joe Schmo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:26 pm Looks like all Ulster matches will be available 24hrs after on IPlayer. Also if Ulster make the final it will also be shown by the BBC.
Every Ulster Rugby match in the URC will be available on BBC iPlayer 24 hours after each round with clips of the best action and tries on the BBC Sport NI website and social media channels.
I noticed that- so if you don't need to watch the game live this covers all matches then.. [and is other- half friendly..] Might ditch Premier then as I doubt I'll get to see many games live. Very happy the BBC have matches again and they are live streaming the preseason friendly with Sarries this Friday too.
Ds69
Novice

Post by Ds69 »

Silverstu wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:39 am
Joe Schmo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:26 pm Looks like all Ulster matches will be available 24hrs after on IPlayer. Also if Ulster make the final it will also be shown by the BBC.
Every Ulster Rugby match in the URC will be available on BBC iPlayer 24 hours after each round with clips of the best action and tries on the BBC Sport NI website and social media channels.
I noticed that- so if you don't need to watch the game live this covers all matches then.. [and is other- half friendly..] Might ditch Premier then as I doubt I'll get to see many games live. Very happy the BBC have matches again and they are live streaming the preseason friendly with Sarries this Friday too.
But 24 hrs after "each round" would mean Monday evening, as Sunday afternoon would be the last game of that round. Long wait If the game is on a Friday.