United Rugby Championship

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by solidarity »

Dave wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:19 pm Priority can only be based on vulnerability. There would have been a major uproar if professional sport was able to jump the queue.
I don't know that there would have been an uproar. A lot of people have sport far too close to the centre of their lives and would think that their 'icons' should be protected.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Cracker wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:43 am What is the point of bringing the South Africans into the league this year as the way covid is spreading over there the chances of games against them are increasingly remote. I am not interested in another disrupted season and when we don't even know the extent to which the stadium will be opened up for spectators I think I will give my season ticket a pass this year. I paid £65 last season for club membership and to be honest it was a total waste of money.
Well , club membership was a cynical UR ploy to suck in loyal supporters like yourself........with the inevitable outcome. The tactic probably lost more money than it made due to disgruntled supporters like yourself walking away for a while.I
I think Arthur Daly or Del boy is in charge.........!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

solidarity wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:19 pm Priority can only be based on vulnerability. There would have been a major uproar if professional sport was able to jump the queue.
I don't know that there would have been an uproar. A lot of people have sport far too close to the centre of their lives and would think that their 'icons' should be protected.
Ruckie and his mates would have a field day. Articles galore. The police and teachers were crying out for it. Thankfully now it's open to everyone.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I would have been 100% behind athletes getting vaccinated.

Even being able to watch NZ rubgy last year kept me sane.
monkee
Novice

Post by monkee »

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Great rumour to start though. :stir: .
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BR wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:22 pm They have taken an already unfair league system and made it even less fair.

If you're a top 4 team, you have to play the other top 4 teams twice. If you're Glasgow, you get to play the bottom 3 teams twice.

It just feels like they are trying to hobble the Irish sides, and it looks like the IRFU are happy to agree to it.

Can't see them sticking with the HEC qualification system when it is up for renewal. That may be fairer, but I feel the HEC loses something when it does not have representation from each union. But even when they return to a top 8 HEC qualification system, the inbuilt bias of the ProNN should prevent the Irish side (or maybe the SA sides from dominating).

However - by far the most concerning aspect of this - It doesn't look like Guinness are renewing their sponsorship - that means no pourage rights at Ravenhill.
As good as xonfirmed that Guinness will not be title sponsor.
Anyone know when the Heineken deal at Ravenhill expires?

They're not making it easy for themselves to get me attending again.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

BR wrote:
BR wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:22 pm They have taken an already unfair league system and made it even less fair.

If you're a top 4 team, you have to play the other top 4 teams twice. If you're Glasgow, you get to play the bottom 3 teams twice.

It just feels like they are trying to hobble the Irish sides, and it looks like the IRFU are happy to agree to it.

Can't see them sticking with the HEC qualification system when it is up for renewal. That may be fairer, but I feel the HEC loses something when it does not have representation from each union. But even when they return to a top 8 HEC qualification system, the inbuilt bias of the ProNN should prevent the Irish side (or maybe the SA sides from dominating).

However - by far the most concerning aspect of this - It doesn't look like Guinness are renewing their sponsorship - that means no pourage rights at Ravenhill.

Anybody seen that Heineken in Cork have introduced a new stout designed to appeal to younger drinkers who don't like stout. It apparently doesn't taste like a stout, has no bitter aftertaste and isn't terribly alcoholic. An ideal beverage to replace Guinness with.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

waggonsroll wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:48 pm
BR wrote:

Anybody seen that Heineken in Cork have introduced a new stout designed to appeal to younger drinkers who don't like stout. It apparently doesn't taste like a stout, has no bitter aftertaste and isn't terribly alcoholic. An ideal beverage to replace Guinness with.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Island Edge.....

The Guinness Guru on YouTube wasn't impressed.

https://youtu.be/_zIWOTsiPQE
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

He seems to like the Guinness in Bittles.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

10 or 15 only wrote:Jay - Z what next?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57835966
Return of the Roc-ettes dancing to Rihanna singing umbrella on a wintry night in belfast.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:29 am
10 or 15 only wrote:Jay - Z what next?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57835966
Return of the Roc-ettes dancing to Rihanna singing umbrella on a wintry night in belfast.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I can stand most things but not playing music durring the breaks in play. I'll be tempted to walk out.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:25 pm
waggonsroll wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:48 pm
BR wrote:

Island Edge.....

The Guinness Guru on YouTube wasn't impressed.

https://youtu.be/_zIWOTsiPQE
The Guinness Guru is, of course, entitled to his opinions, but I wouldn't give him any more credence than the next man. In that clip, he doesn't exactly tell you much about that product does he? He seems more interested in the glass than what it is in it. WTF is this obsession with glasses?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Doak to Edinburgh?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18