United Rugby Championship

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

germcevoy
Initiate

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by germcevoy »

Snipe Watson wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:01 pm
germcevoy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:06 pm Players now aloud to wear tights to protect against the plastic pitches. Law 4 amended.
They must be good tights if they prevent knee and ankle injuries.
Typical World Rugby though. Legislate to protect against minor abrasions but don't worry about those pesky career ending injuries.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Marcell at his irrepressible best for the Bulls. When do we play them at home and any chance he might be unavailable? Else he will make mincemeat of us.........unless we have DV
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bobbievee wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:34 pm Marcell at his irrepressible best for the Bulls. When do we play them at home and any chance he might be unavailable? Else he will make mincemeat of us.........unless we have DV
Play Bulls away on weekend of 25-27 Feb. The Boks sides will be at full gas during 6N, we will be missing the likes of Henderson etc.

We play Emirates Lions and Cell C Sharks at home, Vodacom Bulls and DHL Stormers away in season 21/22.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

You been drinking again Neill?

Stormers at the end of March and the Bulls the week after.

No news of any travel packages yet though!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:15 am You been drinking again Neill?

Stormers at the end of March and the Bulls the week after.

No news of any travel packages yet though!
Misread my rugby app last weekend of March for the Stormers then Bulls week after. Just before Heineken/Challenge knockout rounds.

Either way the Bulls don't visit Belfast till 2022/23 season.

Our mini tour down to South Africa is just after 6N, so the likes of Henderson may not travel.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Munster, Zebre, Cardiff, Scarlets visit 🇿🇦 end of November*

Ulster, Ospreys, Edinburgh & Dragons end of March

Leinster, Connacht, Benetton & Glasgow during April.

*1st group may well end up playing their games in 🇮🇹 as the plans were put in place before 🇿🇦 was removed from red list.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Skybet have Ulster at 1/16 to either. The match. Not a chance I’d be touching that.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

germcevoy wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:03 am Skybet have Ulster at 1/16 to either. The match. Not a chance I’d be touching that.
Paddy Power have Ulster 21 point favourites, as comparison they were 14 point favourites v Benetton. Playing a new opponent, lots of unknowns, very few knowns.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Just don't see how we are 21 points favourites against a team who nearly beat away from home a team we struggled to beat AT home?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:39 pm Just don't see how we are 21 points favourites against a team who nearly beat away from home a team we struggled to beat AT home? Image
Well both have travelled to Parma, Lions won 36-28, Ulster won 36-3. The weather last week in Glasgow was very Scottish, scrappy game.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:39 pm Just don't see how we are 21 points favourites against a team who nearly beat away from home a team we struggled to beat AT home? Image
I also thought that was a tempting bet, so I took it. I like betting against Ulster because if I lose the bet, Ulster have won which is good news and if Ulster lose, I get a few quid! Of course, the dream scenario is Ulster winning with a TBP and a winning margin of less than 20 points, then we both win.

The scrum is my biggest concern for tonight. The Lions pack are absolutely enormous and i worry that they will march right through us at the scrum. Its very difficult to win a game when every knock on ends up gifting the opposition 30m of field position or 3 points.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:43 am Munster, Zebre, Cardiff, Scarlets visit 🇿🇦 end of November*

*1st group may well end up playing their games in 🇮🇹 as the plans were put in place before 🇿🇦 was removed from red list.
UPDATE Munster, Zebre, Cardiff & Scarlets will head to 🇿🇦 now.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

allezlesverres wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:23 pm
I also thought that was a tempting bet, so I took it. I like betting against Ulster because if I lose the bet, Ulster have won which is good news and if Ulster lose, I get a few quid! Of course, the dream scenario is Ulster winning with a TBP and a winning margin of less than 20 points, then we both win.

The scrum is my biggest concern for tonight. The Lions pack are absolutely enormous and i worry that they will march right through us at the scrum. Its very difficult to win a game when every knock on ends up gifting the opposition 30m of field position or 3 points.
Looks like you got your wish! :cheers:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:04 am
allezlesverres wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:23 pm

Looks like you got your wish! :cheers:
The drinks are on Philippe Jambon >happyparty :party:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:56 pm
Neill_M wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:43 am Munster, Zebre, Cardiff, Scarlets visit 🇿🇦 end of November*

UPDATE Munster, Zebre, Cardiff & Scarlets will head to 🇿🇦 now.
Who will munster play against Connacht then? :duck:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk