United Rugby Championship

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

germcevoy
Initiate

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by germcevoy »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:24 pm
germcevoy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:39 pm I thought tickets for the Aviva game against Connacht were to go on sale yesterday? Nothing showing on ticketmaster.

edit - On sale via Connacht site.
No shortage to be fair. As things stand, no Enterprise that day, bus substitution from Drogheda. Doing work on the line.
Only the lower tier and premium level on sale so far. Cheeky gits star3ting by selling only the most expensive seats first. Did not know about the enterprise that day. The decent M1 Express bus from Glengall Street never went back on sale either. i might have to explore parking options at this rate and make it a dry day.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

germcevoy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:45 pm
Neill_M wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:24 pm
germcevoy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:39 pm I thought tickets for the Aviva game against Connacht were to go on sale yesterday? Nothing showing on ticketmaster.

edit - On sale via Connacht site.
No shortage to be fair. As things stand, no Enterprise that day, bus substitution from Drogheda. Doing work on the line.
Only the lower tier and premium level on sale so far. Cheeky gits star3ting by selling only the most expensive seats first. Did not know about the enterprise that day. The decent M1 Express bus from Glengall Street never went back on sale either. i might have to explore parking options at this rate and make it a dry day.
Think it is only the lower tier and premium level for this game, i.e. only 1 day after crowd restrictions lift down South so Connacht going for 50% of Lansdowne Road v Sportsground - 25k v 4k.

Got lower tier for 37 Euro Inc service charge, not bad.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

We usually take about 500 to Dublin so I’m quite glad not to be perched in the top tier.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Difficult not to pay the extra for a premium seat. Given it’s a bank holiday weekend there’s no chance I’ll be staying over so that’s a hundred euro saved.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Ger. Parking at Malahide and using the Dart has worked very well for me in the past. Parking in Dublin is a mare as I'm sure you're well aware.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

mid ulster maestro wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:03 am Ger. Parking at Malahide and using the Dart has worked very well for me in the past. Parking in Dublin is a mare as I'm sure you're well aware.
This is the ticket. Dart the whole way to Lansdowne road as well. Hard to beat for the cost of a ticket and a few quids fuel. Good shout. Thanks.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Another Alternative is The Dart at Sutton with good parking and convenient to Suttonians Rugby Club.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

There's no DART north of Connolly Station on that weekend.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Cormac wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:01 pm There's no DART north of Connolly Station on that weekend.
Christ almighty why did they move this match to Dublin lol.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

So Connacht have moved the game to Dublin on an Irish Bank Holiday weekend with no Enterprise service and no Dart service north of Connolly.

Bold Strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for them!
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Watching Premier and awaiting the Connacht v Bulls game.
They are stating the SA sides are capped at 4.5million and Jackman is saying Leinster are north of 10millions.

Is this right and what’s Ulsters spend?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

SparkyClarky wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:24 pm Watching Premier and awaiting the Connacht v Bulls game.
They are stating the SA sides are capped at 4.5million and Jackman is saying Leinster are north of 10millions.

Is this right and what’s Ulsters spend?
Heard that about Leinster. The Boks one is factored in by the weakness of the rand of course. Top 14 is €10MN this season, Premiership is £5MN + 2 players outside the cap. Welsh around £4MN mark.
Grey Wolf
Novice

Post by Grey Wolf »

It’d be nice to get some accurate visibility on budgets. The numbers floating around are all over the show. I think i saw recently one of the Welsh articles having Leinster close to £13m, w/ Munster around 10/11 and Ulster 8/9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

South Africa off UK COVID Red list, means the Welsh sides can play their away games down there in November instead of the games being in Italy.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Think Translink are running coaches for the Connacht game.