United Rugby Championship

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:32 pm Think Translink are running coaches for the Connacht game.
They are, £28 return. Leave Europa at 1pm, back up at 8pm. Dropped off in area near ground.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

170 seats remaining. Not a bad option seeing as the train is redundant for the weekend.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

germcevoy wrote:170 seats remaining. Not a bad option seeing as the train is redundant for the weekend.
£90 for a family of 4. Would cover a fill of diesel and lunch at an applegreen
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:18 pm
germcevoy wrote:170 seats remaining. Not a bad option seeing as the train is redundant for the weekend.
£90 for a family of 4. Would cover a fill of diesel and lunch at an applegreen
Unsure how easy it is to find parking in Dublin etc. Can't park on the Northside at Malahide etc. No DART north of Connolly.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:22 pm South Africa off UK COVID Red list, means the Welsh sides can play their away games down there in November instead of the games being in Italy.
No jolly for the Welsh lads in the SH after all!

Games still set for Europe.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:13 am
Neill_M wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:22 pm South Africa off UK COVID Red list, means the Welsh sides can play their away games down there in November instead of the games being in Italy.
No jolly for the Welsh lads in the SH after all!

Games still set for Europe.
Read that. Zebre get to play away games in Italy😂 To be fair they need every advantage going, not a good team.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

As a neutral I really enjoyed the Edinburgh v Stormers game.
Really great pace and the collisions were fierce.

SA teams improved this round big time.
With Lions & Sharks at home it will be great to see Ruan back again but by 2022 I will be behind the sofa for the away games to Stormers & the Bulls.
They should be well settled into the league by then.

Now to see if Munster get turned over by Scarlets at 2pm.
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

SparkyClarky wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:47 am As a neutral I really enjoyed the Edinburgh v Stormers game.
Really great pace and the collisions were fierce.

SA teams improved this round big time.
With Lions & Sharks at home it will be great to see Ruan back again but by 2022 I will be behind the sofa for the away games to Stormers & the Bulls.
They should be well settled into the league by then.

Now to see if Munster get turned over by Scarlets at 2pm.
Really enjoyed the Edinburgh Stormers game also, Edinburghs new stadium set a good game atmosphere.

As for the Saffer teams, its a tough assignment coming here for the first time, they'll definately be stronger with experience next time around, which is excting. The fact that they are winning games already (minus their internationals) is scary. To flip it, I don't expect the Northern Hemisphere teams to fair well when they head South.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Munster looking very impressive here away to Scarlets, try bonus point secured just after half time.
Dwayne Peels side look poor against a Munster team missing many perceived first choice.

Ben Healys hair would compliment Doaks nicely at half back in an Ireland jersey.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snyman off injured, looks like his knee.

Commentator thinks its the other knee to the one he had been out with for so long.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:12 pm Munster looking very impressive here away to Scarlets, try bonus point secured just after half time.
Dwayne Peels side look poor against a Munster team missing many perceived first choice.

Ben Healys hair would compliment Doaks nicely at half back in an Ireland jersey.
Munster were good but Scarlets were poor, looked like a team that met before the game.
Crabbing across the pitch and just shovelling the ball on.

Munster on the other hand well drilled, dynamic and hungry for it.
Looking forward to seeing what happens against Connacht and that will be a better gauge of we’re they’re at.
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:04 am As for the Saffer teams, its a tough assignment coming here for the first time, they'll definately be stronger with experience next time around, which is excting. The fact that they are winning games already (minus their internationals) is scary. To flip it, I don't expect the Northern Hemisphere teams to fair well when they head South.
Indeed, there definitely bringing a new level of physicality to the league.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Is it only me thinking that pricing the South African games as category A seems a bit ambitious/greedy. The only game I’ll miss this side of Christmas but don’t mind one bit having saw the prices. I’m not yet a season ticket holder I’ll add.
Last edited by germcevoy on Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

germcevoy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:28 am Is it only me thinking that pricing the South African games as category A seems a bit ambitious/greedy. The only game I’ll miss this side of Christmas but don’t mind one bit having saw the prices. I’m not yet a season ticket older I’ll add.
Yes absolutely!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

germcevoy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:28 am Is it only me thinking that pricing the South African games as category A seems a bit ambitious/greedy. The only game I’ll miss this side of Christmas but don’t mind one bit having saw the prices. I’m not yet a season ticket holder I’ll add.
That is taking the pîss. Has anyone asked Petrie to explain it?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk