United Rugby Championship

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TopPoster
Initiate

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by TopPoster »

Anybody in the know when we can expect Uk TV deal announcement as need to get in early to stop premier sports renewing my subscription?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

TopPoster wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:27 pm Anybody in the know when we can expect Uk TV deal announcement as need to get in early to stop premier sports renewing my subscription?
Very soon hopefully, Premier may still be involved with a greater mix of free to air channels (BBC, S4C). Quote from the URC Boss Man this week - "We’ll have pay-TV but also a pretty substantial free-to-air option across the UK and Ireland, which is great. We keep our core pay partner there, which is important when you’ve got 151 games a season. No free-to-air broadcaster is going to have the capacity to show all the games and we want fans to see every game they want to watch."

https://www.the42.ie/urc-martin-anayi-t ... T-MDcsSAFg
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

TopPoster wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:27 pm Anybody in the know when we can expect Uk TV deal announcement as need to get in early to stop premier sports renewing my subscription?
Either way dont let them auto renew. If you cancel they'll offer you a deal or code to come back / sign up.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:52 pm
Either way dont let them auto renew. If you cancel they'll offer you a deal or code to come back / sign up.
spot on
I have removed my payment card so won't renew automatically until we see how all the pans out. I Dont mnd paying for some pay per view but not £120 .........if some/most matches on free to air somewhere
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

PREMIER SPORTS WINS TV RIGHTS FOR NEW UNITED RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP FOR FOUR YEARS
Every game counts and will be LIVE on Premier Sports in new world-class 16 club league

UK sports broadcaster Premier Sports will show every game LIVE and host more than 100 exclusive rugby fixtures in the new look United Rugby Championship with coverage from every round across five elite rugby nations - Ireland, Italy, Wales, Scotland and South Africa.

Premier Sports has also been awarded TV rights for the Republic of Ireland for the first time in the new era of the game-changing tournament expanding its coverage to bring together live coverage from each round to a wider rugby audience across the UK and Ireland.

Premier Sports will provide exclusive coverage of more than two thirds of the tournament’s 151 games and all the top-billing live rugby action from the United Rugby Championship - as South Africa’s four Super teams Vodacom Bulls, Cell C Sharks, DHL Stormers and Emirates Lions join - providing the most comprehensive live TV coverage available and headlined by world rugby’s leading pundits.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Every Ulster Rugby game live game plus every Ulster away game exclusively live on Premier Sports.
chunky
Novice

Post by chunky »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:26 am Every Ulster Rugby game live game plus every Ulster away game exclusively live on Premier Sports.
That suggests Ulster Home games will not be "exclusively" live on Premier Sports?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

chunky wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:46 am
Neill_M wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:26 am Every Ulster Rugby game live game plus every Ulster away game exclusively live on Premier Sports.
That suggests Ulster Home games will not be "exclusively" live on Premier Sports?
Shared with BBC NI is the chat.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Sounds like the only way to watch all of ulster's games will be via Premier sports. Some home games will be on bbc, but not all and certainly not the away games.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Premier Sports now have the french Top 14 for the next two seasons which is worth a watch.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:54 pm Sounds like the only way to watch all of ulster's games will be via Premier sports. Some home games will be on bbc, but not all and certainly not the away games.

Yep and any REAL, ULTRA, True supporters will be at all of the home games....
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:57 pm
jean valjean wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:54 pm Sounds like the only way to watch all of ulster's games will be via Premier sports. Some home games will be on bbc, but not all and certainly not the away games.

COVID ground capacity allowing....
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Wonder if there’ll be another Ulster promotion code for a discount on the subscription like last year.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:57 pm

Would expect all 9 home games to be on BBC NI. BBC Wales are showing 15 games next season for context.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Not sure if it will be pie in the sky, but talk of a salary cap. Would be a challenge to implement I would guess, but would put more pressure on teams to develop players through the academy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57517457