PRE SEASON FRIENDLY

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: PRE SEASON FRIENDLY

Post by jean valjean »

Surprised they not trying to max it out for income purposes. Still expect STH be offered limited number of extra tickets to bring us up to 10k.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Again. When are the seasons tickets arriving
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Cracker wrote:Again. When are the seasons tickets arriving
None being sent. All digital this year and added to your account on a game by game basis.

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Apparently no bars open!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Seagull
Novice

Post by Seagull »

Windsor Park operating on 85% of capacity for N Ireland match on 6th September meaning 16,000 supporters can attend.
With Ravenhill capacity 18,196 if UR used same %, we could have 15,466 supporters in for the match v Sarries.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Seagull wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:00 am Windsor Park operating on 85% of capacity for N Ireland match on 6th September meaning 16,000 supporters can attend.
With Ravenhill capacity 18,196 if UR used same %, we could have 15,466 supporters in for the match v Sarries.
Key difference between the two games is that at Windsor Park, you need to have:

Proof of full vaccination by showing Covid-19 Vaccination Card; Valid Photographic ID matching the name on the vaccination card;

Other government issued proofs of full vaccination are also acceptable, provided valid Photo ID is produced; Proof of vaccination must reflect that you have had both doses and that your second dose was administered at least 14 days prior to the fixture you are attending;

If you cannot demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated you will need to show proof of a negative Covid test as follows:

- NHS Lateral Flow test taken no more than 48 hours prior to your arrival at the stadium; you report your result online here and have available your NHS email or text notification of your result. Or - Proof of a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival at the stadium.

Alternatively you can also gain entry by demonstrating proof of natural Covid antibodies based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of the game (including 10 days self-isolation following the result).

No requirements to show negative COVID status etc at Ravenhill (requested to take test).
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I'll take a spare if anyone can't make the game.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I have a pair in the grandstand for the weemen's game the marra if anybody's interested.

PM me and I'll send you the pdf file.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Neill_M wrote:
Seagull wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:00 am Windsor Park operating on 85% of capacity for N Ireland match on 6th September meaning 16,000 supporters can attend.
Key difference between the two games is that at Windsor Park, you need to have:

Proof of full vaccination by showing Covid-19 Vaccination Card; Valid Photographic ID matching the name on the vaccination card;

Other government issued proofs of full vaccination are also acceptable, provided valid Photo ID is produced; Proof of vaccination must reflect that you have had both doses and that your second dose was administered at least 14 days prior to the fixture you are attending;

If you cannot demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated you will need to show proof of a negative Covid test as follows:

- NHS Lateral Flow test taken no more than 48 hours prior to your arrival at the stadium; you report your result online here and have available your NHS email or text notification of your result. Or - Proof of a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival at the stadium.

Alternatively you can also gain entry by demonstrating proof of natural Covid antibodies based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of the game (including 10 days self-isolation following the result).

No requirements to show negative COVID status etc at Ravenhill (requested to take test).
Anyone know why UR are different. Didn't expect the hierarchy to be full of anti vaxxers.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I'd say it is something to do with the difference between terraces and seating. While ulster are saying no social distancing on terraces they are effectively doing that by limiting capacity to 30%. It is easier to leave a spare seat between groups of tickets in the stands to allow distancing, hence Windsor being able to accommodate more.
Did anyone read the small print from UR that said in the event of a lottery being required that grandstand tickets would be at a disadvantage? Thought there would be more of a deal made of that.

Seagull
Novice

Post by Seagull »

Time for those of us who can and have received vaccination to be rewarded with a return to some normality.
I also include those who for a genuine medical reason cannot.
I do not include those self diagnosed idiots with no medical substantiation running around with “I am exempt lanyards” round their necks.
Southern Ireland was well behind N Ireland in vaccination rates and infection rates until the recently introduced policy of no entry to pubs, restaurants and events etc unless proof of vaccination.
They are now significantly ahead of NI with all sectors co-operating.
Hospitality NI are saying too difficult to police asking for Covid certificate or Covid card - that’s the same bouncers who turn you away because you are wearing wrong shoes or say regulars only tonight!
Come on UR, MLS’s, Hospitality, grow a set, introduce No Jab No Entry to NI hospitality and events.
This would let UR open Ravenhill to ST holders, new ST applications and one off ticket purchasers up to 15,466 supporters along with bar and catering facilities.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

I'm getting the vibe from the UR marketing campaign this is more to do with hard sell on season tickets than covid, albeit using covid as the vessel to push more season ticket sales.

Only being a season ticket holders can guarantee blah blah blah....
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

UlsterNo9 wrote:I'm getting the vibe from the UR marketing campaign this is more to do with hard sell on season tickets than covid, albeit using covid as the vessel to push more season ticket sales.

If that is true it is utterly reprehensible. Putting the sale of tickets above health. If we are ever allowed to go to any of the away interpros again we'll have to prove we've been double jabbed or are exempt. This is something the IRFU could dictate.

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

waggonsroll wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:15 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote:I'm getting the vibe from the UR marketing campaign this is more to do with hard sell on season tickets than covid, albeit using covid as the vessel to push more season ticket sales.

If that is true it is utterly reprehensible. Putting the sale of tickets above health. If we are ever allowed to go to any of the away interpros again we'll have to prove we've been double jabbed or are exempt. This is something the IRFU could dictate.

https://www.ulsterrugby.com/2021/08/up- ... -saracens/
Attendance at this fixture will be reserved for 2021/22 Season Ticket holders only – no individual match tickets will be on sale. Information on how to become a new Season Ticket holder is detailed below
So buy an ST and you can go to the game..... otherwise you cannot.

Therefore UR are not at capacity at present..... just withholding individual match tickets to push season ticket.

Unsure how big an effect a home friendly versus Sorries is going to have on pushing ST sales..... but fill your boots UR
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

My comments above seem to hold true, tickets now on general sale for the first three home games

https://www.ulsterrugby.com/2021/09/sea ... eral-sale/

This also confirms that UR has less than 10,000 ST holders.