2021-22 Season tickets - seat location transfers

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

WestDr
Novice

2021-22 Season tickets - seat location transfers

Post by WestDr »

Having taken, after considerable thought, the decision to renew 2x season tickets in the Grandstand for 21-22 and graciously been able to purchase a smaller product for the former price of 14, I've spent some time this morning trying to move within the same seating block.

Is it me, or have others discovered that moving within the same block of seats is deemed an 'upgrade' by the site run by Ticketmaster on behalf of UR and thus extra money is payable, in some cases up to £64 per seat ? It seems that you're being asked to pay the price the previous seat-occupier paid (e.g. Senior 65+ loyalty) rather than it being a relocation.

On another point, the availability of 'spare' seats seems a bit odd. In 19-20 we had 6 STs in a row, with only 2 renewing for 21-22. Therefore, the 4 seats next to us should show as available. But they don't. And the UR site says 'we haven't sold any new tickets as yet'. Uh ??

I could understand it if (a) all the seats available were sold as ST's, but even UR say they aren't and (b) the COVID restrictions weren't sufficiently flexible in how seats might be finally presented on any specific match day. I can see how UR might be 'trying to manage' their seats but when you've not sold out, are offering less product for the same money, want to re-introduce people who might have lost the habit, and your product has a record of performance failure at critical points, it seems a strange way to proceed. Perhaps a new/better/no band and/or replacement by music at all times even during the match will be deemed as adequate, even if desperately shoddy ?

By this stage, I'm pretty much willing to think the worst of UR as an organisation but perhaps there is a way to successfully transfer within the same block without paying more. Does anyone know if this is the case and has been successful ?
flatpass
Novice

Re: 2021-22 Season tickets - seat location transfers

Post by flatpass »

Not good. All I can suggest is:
• If you require assistance during this process, please contact the Ulster Rugby Ticket Office between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday on 028 9049 3222 (option 1)
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

WestDr wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:04 am Having taken, after considerable thought, the decision to renew 2x season tickets in the Grandstand for 21-22 and graciously been able to purchase a smaller product for the former price of 14, I've spent some time this morning trying to move within the same seating block.

Is it me, or have others discovered that moving within the same block of seats is deemed an 'upgrade' by the site run by Ticketmaster on behalf of UR and thus extra money is payable, in some cases up to £64 per seat ? It seems that you're being asked to pay the price the previous seat-occupier paid (e.g. Senior 65+ loyalty) rather than it being a relocation.

On another point, the availability of 'spare' seats seems a bit odd. In 19-20 we had 6 STs in a row, with only 2 renewing for 21-22. Therefore, the 4 seats next to us should show as available. But they don't. And the UR site says 'we haven't sold any new tickets as yet'. Uh ??

I could understand it if (a) all the seats available were sold as ST's, but even UR say they aren't and (b) the COVID restrictions weren't sufficiently flexible in how seats might be finally presented on any specific match day. I can see how UR might be 'trying to manage' their seats but when you've not sold out, are offering less product for the same money, want to re-introduce people who might have lost the habit, and your product has a record of performance failure at critical points, it seems a strange way to proceed. Perhaps a new/better/no band and/or replacement by music at all times even during the match will be deemed as adequate, even if desperately shoddy ?

By this stage, I'm pretty much willing to think the worst of UR as an organisation but perhaps there is a way to successfully transfer within the same block without paying more. Does anyone know if this is the case and has been successful ?
I moved a seat this morning without issue - the seat move was within the same row and same price bracket.

It did look like I was being asked to pay but then realised that the payment method had switched from payment plan (that I'd signed up to) to "pay in full" so it was asking me for the balance still due. I switched it back to payment plan so no payment was necessary.

A couple of thoughts - depending on when you logged in to do the swap is it possible that another ticket holder had already been in and done an upgrade or movement that took the 4 seats you thought would be beside you?

And on the price difference, assuming the issue wasn't the same as the payment plan issue I faced, is it possible the seats you looked at were in a different price bracket? I'm not sure the line is necessarily drawn by the block of the stand - for example I think platinum used to be block five and parts of blocks 4 and 6 rather than all of 4 and 6 - when you got to a certain point as you moved away from the centre the price dropped - thats my memory from when the new stand was opened but it may have changed

Hope you get sorted
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Thank you both for your responses.

Flatpass - tried that phone number yesterday and if busy, it doesn't either tell you how long the queue is or offer to call you back. It just tells you they're busy and cuts you off..... This morning, got through and was told (a) that the ticket office can't see the prices and (b) the system doesn't allow singles to be left from a block of three (unlike, as admitted, other systems like the Ulster Hall and GOH do). Send in an email and we'll try and sort it out say the (very hassled) ticket office staff.

Yoda - interesting point, but firslty this wasn't how the complete blocks of Grandstand seats were marketed or priced in the email for ST holders a month or so ago when soliciting our business. And, secondly here's an example - Grandstand Block 8, Row M, Seat 168 - price £473+, Grandstand Block 8, Row M, Seat 169 - price £441. That seat pair equidistant from the aisles.

Interestingly, two of the four that we had last season and gave up this season have now appeared as available on the UR tickets site...... algorithms perhaps ?

I shall try the email to the Ticket Office as suggested by them.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Hang in there, WD. Your reward will be yet another season of 'rebuilding'. Maybe someday we'll be looking for a certificate of completion.

Still few better ways to spend a Friday evening. :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

"Still few better ways to spend a Friday evening."

???

How about free friday night appointments for practice sessions for trainee dental hygienists. I might take up a few!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bobbievee wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:50 pm "Still few better ways to spend a Friday evening."

???

How about free friday night appointments for practice sessions for trainee dental hygienists. I might take up a few!
You'll do well to find anyone with a set of their own teeth on here
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Well, for those without an appointment at the dentist on a Friday night, here's an update on Days 2 and 3

1. Spoke with a real person at UR ticket office who suggested sending an email with the issues, request and a couple of suggested solutions
2. Did so, and got feedback that day (Thursday) from a real person.
3. This real person confirmed that "Firstly, any movement within the same section of the Grandstand, will be charged at the same price. I can assure you that we will not ask you to pay more than you have already. "
4. Progressed one of the suggested solutions (if you & your fellow ST-holder have been asked to move sideways one seat, thank you and look forward to next season for our collective Friday night root canal work) and was offered these revised seats subject to our confirmation that these were ok.
5. Confirmed ok and await this to change appear on the UR ST manager web-page....

Morals of story:
  • Do not believe everything you read on the UR website
  • Speak with real people
  • Offer solutions to their problems/needs (e.g. get rid of singles)
  • Be persistent and patient
  • Be sympathetic to the poor real people who have to deal with the outcome of poor operational decisions by the senior management of UR and IRFU - it's not their fault Ticketmaster was selected (Yorkshire CC don't use it... and they're just as effective) but they're the ones left to handle the consequences....
Now why does some of that ring a bell from the last few seasons....?

In this case, all's well that ends well and probably much ado about nothing.... but fortunately there never was a tale of such woe.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

It's Friday.

It's 7.45.

Time for a root canal to get in trim for the new season. :red: :red: :red:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Sitting here chewing rocks, only one outcome!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18