women's game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

women's game

Post by Setanta »

Well, that was painful viewing but Ravenhill looks beautiful !
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Re: women's game

Post by Hans Indaruck »

It was good to see a reasonable crowd there - albeit that there was a strong Munster support there (equally good to see). Ulster were comprehensively outplayed by a better drilled side. Sadly Ulster could not look after the ball when they had it, could not tackle effectively when they didn’t, and their kicking out of hand was poor. A lot of work will need to be done to make them a competitive side. The enthusiasm was there but the skill level wasn’t.
Hope is not a strategy.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

The result was pretty accurate - there was a big gap between the two teams.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

So what’s the problem, they look unfit , they look clueless in knowing their roles , we have 4 or five international players from Ulster but all play in Dublin, (I know none are allowed to play interprovincial games mainly because the standard is that poor Dublin think they benefit more in training camps , but then does that not drop the standards in the interprovincial games, in Ireland you can get a cap having never played for a club and province) , weird if you ask me, are clubs in Ulster taking the women’s section seriously, more importantly are the female players allowing sub standard coaching or are they prepared to challenge it, I don’t want to hear that they don’t get enough time, to prep , Leinster will pull them apart next week.

I get the impression that the structure is all wrong, but that’s just me , maybe.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

solidarity wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:59 pm The result was pretty accurate - there was a big gap between the two teams.
Why ?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Good to have you back M'lady.
I think the coaching option might be most accurate, in two aspects of coaching. There didn't seem to be many innovative ideas on show and there were too many unforced errors, indicating basic skills not being firmly rooted.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

solidarity wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:43 pm Good to have you back M'lady.
I think the coaching option might be most accurate, in two aspects of coaching. There didn't seem to be many innovative ideas on show and there were too many unforced errors, indicating basic skills not being firmly rooted.
Overall ( and no disrespect to anyone) standard of coaching has to increase, I watched the game, skill set between two teams were night and day, however there is bigger issues and that starts at the bottom up, it starts at clubs, it starts at a better pathway, no point having30 players in a training session if half them do not have the same skills, or even fully understand laws of the game .
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Another thumping, and nothing will change, well except I would expect more Pandering to the equality brigade, as long as the little women are kept sweet they won’t demand better, pity , lots of good people involved, just lacking in understanding.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

LadyP wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:59 am Another thumping, and nothing will change, well except I would expect more Pandering to the equality brigade, as long as the little women are kept sweet they won’t demand better, pity , lots of good people involved, just lacking in understanding.
You are quite right M’Lady! There is no valid reason why Ulster should not have a competitive woman’s’ side. Currently they do not appear to be well coached and lack tactical playing nous, some skills need to be implanted, others developed/honed. The enthusiasm appears to be there with the players but that is insufficient in itself. It’s not exactly encouraging for female players watching Ulster get taken apart by well drilled and developed sides such as Munster and Leinster - and clearly we need to have more players feeding through the system (such as it is!).
A shame and very frustrating but will Jonny Petrie et al do anything about it?!
Last edited by Hans Indaruck on Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope is not a strategy.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:45 am
LadyP wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:59 am Another thumping, and nothing will change, well except I would expect more Pandering to the equality brigade, as long as the little women are kept sweet they won’t demand better, pity , lots of good people involved, just lacking in understanding.
You are guide right M’Lady! There is no valid reason why Ulster should not have a competitive woman’s’ side. Currently they do not appear to be well coached and lack tactical playing nous, some skills need to be implanted, others developed/honed. The enthusiasm appears to be there with the players but that is insufficient in itself. It’s not exactly encouraging for female players watching Ulster get taken apart by well drilled and developed sides such as Munster and Leinster - and clearly we need to have more players feeding through the system (such as it is!).
A shame and very frustrating but will Jonny Petrie et al do anything about it?!
No
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/58544001

Well m'lady, I'll back every syllable you post in response to this.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Ireland Weemin v Spain. https://www.irishrugby.ie/2021/09/13/wa ... qualifier/
Close result.
Thanks to Neill for letting us know that the game was on at all.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

solidarity wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:51 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/58544001

Couple of things, 1. IRFU are a disgrace, but I would ask who put the Gazebos up ? 2. As the Changing Rooms were closed due to Irish Regulations and the Women being deemed a amateur sport not elite they should have asked for elite status and the matter was sorted, GAA games at most county level is deemed “elite “ so who is at fault for not pushing it ? 3. Why did management teams not kick up a ruckus, that has to be asked, I can bet my bloomers that If Ulster and Connacht management refused to play unless it was sorted it would have, people have to grow balls and stand up to IRFU

Women have to get their act together stop demanding token equality, get involved, start attending AGMS in numbers , start getting their people on the committees at club level, then branch, then National, they cannot expect right of passage, as the ones that get those roles are weak and not there for the right reasons.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

solidarity wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:46 pm Ireland Weemin v Spain. https://www.irishrugby.ie/2021/09/13/wa ... qualifier/
Close result.
Thanks to Neill for letting us know that the game was on at all.
When does the head coach grow a set, he does not pick the team, another squad with lots of prep, but again failing to deliver, he has used more new caps in the past three years , no consistency, why ? Antony Eddy uses the nation 15 team as a training squad for 7s,

Interpros should have been used to get the players game time, but not his 7s players are above playing for their provinces, Anthony Eddy is holding Ireland back but Nucifura won’t bin his mate, then he has to go.

Ireland we’re always getting beat in that game, Italy and Spain played club games, Spain were the best looking team of the four , Italians are always a different team at home, Ireland are such a waste of talent, poorly coached, poor attitudes, people there for wrong reasons, people there to promote themselves, some who are not fit to wear the 👚 .

Ireland could lose to Italy, I don’t want them too, but it may be a blessing in disguise
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

LadyP wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:59 pm
solidarity wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:51 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/58544001

Couple of things, 1. IRFU are a disgrace, but I would ask who put the Gazebos up ? 2. As the Changing Rooms were closed due to Irish Regulations and the Women being deemed a amateur sport not elite they should have asked for elite status and the matter was sorted, GAA games at most county level is deemed “elite “ so who is at fault for not pushing it ? 3. Why did management teams not kick up a ruckus, that has to be asked, I can bet my bloomers that If Ulster and Connacht management refused to play unless it was sorted it would have, people have to grow balls and stand up to IRFU

Women have to get their act together stop demanding token equality, get involved, start attending AGMS in numbers , start getting their people on the committees at club level, then branch, then National, they cannot expect right of passage, as the ones that get those roles are weak and not there for the right reasons.
Yep. every syllable. :thumleft: