Ulster vs Saracens

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Ulster vs Saracens

Post by Dave »

Ulster team to play Saracens, Bank of Ireland Pre-Season Friendly, Friday 3 September at Kingspan Stadium (kick-off 7.00pm, live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport NI online):   

(15-9) Aaron Sexton, Craig Gilroy, Stewart Moore, Angus Curtis, Ben Moxham, Ian Madigan, Nathan Doak; 

(1-8) Callum Reid, John Andrew, Ross Kane, Mick Kearney, Sam Carter (Capt.), Matty Rea, Marcus Rea, Greg Jones. 

Replacements: Brad Roberts, Gareth Milasinovich, Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor, Sean Reidy, David Shanahan, Jude Postlethwaite, Ben Carson, Azur Allison, David McCann, Harry Sheridan, Andrew Warwick, Lewis Finlay, Conor Rankin.  
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster vs Saracens

Post by justinr73 »

Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Good to see Reid, Doak and Sexton get starts- all three could establish themselves in the first team. Allison, McCann and Sheridan on the bench hopefully we get a chance, McCann obviously a bit more established but all three could add to our back row stocks over the season and Rea Jr at 7 is a great choice -thought he looked excellent last season when given the chance.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Looking forward to seeing Greg Jones split Billy V in two with a big hit.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Dave wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:58 pm Looking forward to seeing Greg Jones split Billy V in two with a big hit.
Im sure Billy is bricking it..
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Silverstu wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:58 pm Looking forward to seeing Greg Jones split Billy V in two with a big hit.
Im sure Billy is bricking it..
Heard he only agreed to travel after finding out the bars were closed at kkngspan.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

So basically a full team on the bench to come on in 2nd half....easier to spot who is not involved etc.

The below statement is interesting (from today's email):

"All public bars will be closed, in line with NI Executive COVID-19 restrictions."

Was my understanding the Executive had passed on responsibility to the councils and the individual clubs to decide crowd sizes & facilities etc?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Been in bars in England and Scotland in the last few days so getting a bit confused!

Is it because there is still a requirement for table service here??
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:59 pm Been in bars in England and Scotland in the last few days so getting a bit confused!

Could well be as I believe the hospitality suit is open etc.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:59 pm Been in bars in England and Scotland in the last few days so getting a bit confused!

There is no longer that requirement as far as I know.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Looking forwad to the match. As always, it will be interesting to see how things are shaping up, with the actual result not of any importnce (although a win would be nice!).

I hope there'll be a bit of atmosphere.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:36 pm

There is no longer that requirement as far as I know.
There is - not necessarily applied, but it is still there. :stout:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:08 pm Looking forwad to the match. As always, it will be interesting to see how things are shaping up, with the actual result not of any importnce (although a win would be nice!).

I'm looking forward to it too, but can't get excited about the rugby. Just looking forward to seeing how many old familiar faces I see on the terrace or elsewhere in the stadium. Looking forward to a bit of craic again. Hard to believe how long its been.

I managed two of the three(???) games when 500 or 1000 or whatever was permitted, but it wasn't the same being spread out around the ground with most of yer mates not even there, let alone near ya.

I'm hoping the rugby might get me interested again ....
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:54 pm
solidarity wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:08 pm Looking forwad to the match. As always, it will be interesting to see how things are shaping up, with the actual result not of any importnce (although a win would be nice!).

I'm looking forward to it too, but can't get excited about the rugby. Just looking forward to seeing how many old familiar faces I see on the terrace or elsewhere in the stadium. Looking forward to a bit of craic again. Hard to believe how long its been.

I managed two of the three(???) games when 500 or 1000 or whatever was permitted, but it wasn't the same being spread out around the ground with most of yer mates not even there, let alone near ya.

I'm hoping the rugby might get me interested again ....
I'm the same Cap'n. Can't get excited about the Rugby. Combination of dire Lions series, a friendly with likely multiple changes, no new signings and pessimism for this season.

More interested in the test cricket right now.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Nice partnership developing between Pope and Bairstow.