Ulster v Glasgow Fri Sept 24th 7:35pm KO Prem Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Ulster v Glasgow Fri Sept 24th 7:35pm KO Prem Sports

Post by UlsterNo9 »

A bit early, however I'm ever so excited.

Looks like Glasgow have been fairly busy in the off season on the transfer front. Notables out include Adam Hastings, Darcy Rae, Leone Nakawara, Huw Jones, and Niko "The Cheat" Matawalu. You add the likes of Hogg and Russell who left previously and it's not great for the league. Notable incoming include Duncan Weir, Jamie Bhatti, Jack Dempsey (Oz, 14 caps) and Sebastián Cancelliere. Not a great return against players leaving.

Glasgow beat Worcester away 22- 27 and lost to Newcastle at home 7 - 12. Not that there is much to read into these.

You would like to hope with home advantage we should win this and comfortably.

I hope we start with young McCann in the back row and persist with him.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
germcevoy
Initiate

Re: Ulster v Glasgow Fri Sept 24th 7:35pm KO Prem Sports

Post by germcevoy »

Tickets bought. Whooooo
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Just noticing Liam Gallagher is at the Ormeau Park the same night. That will make for a fun journey to and from Ravenhill.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

germcevoy wrote:Just noticing Liam Gallagher is at the Ormeau Park the same night. That will make for a fun journey to and from Ravenhill.
Definitely maybe
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

He wouldn't be up for a wee half time spot would he?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Discipline will be key. Hopefully Dan has told the boys Don't Look Back In Anger.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The band at Ravenhill will drown out his Manc whining with a bit of luck.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Some might say Dan had the perfect masterplan to acquiesce the warriors. Hopefully the sun shines and the forwards let it out for baloucoune to go supersonic. As long as we roll with it on the night amd continue to make little by little progress during the season we won't have to look back in anger next year. Do you know what I mean?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:A bit early, however I'm ever so excited.

Looks like Glasgow have been fairly busy in the off season on the transfer front. Notables out include Adam Hastings, Darcy Rae, Leone Nakawara, Huw Jones, and Niko "The Cheat" Matawalu. You add the likes of Hogg and Russell who left previously and it's not great for the league. Notable incoming include Duncan Weir, Jamie Bhatti, Jack Dempsey (Oz, 14 caps) and Sebastián Cancelliere. Not a great return against players leaving.

Glasgow beat Worcester away 22- 27 and lost to Newcastle at home 7 - 12. Not that there is much to read into these.

Rea jnr, Timoney and McCann would be the backrow I'd like to see at some point. Rea I think could play 7 almost in Chris Henry mould. He is a breakdown threat. Timoney can play across the backrow. McCann could be that carrying no 8 we have been crying out for. Probably more in the longer term as he is young.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:54 am
UlsterNo9 wrote:A bit early, however I'm ever so excited.

Rea jnr, Timoney and McCann would be the backrow I'd like to see at some point. Rea I think could play 7 almost in Chris Henry mould. He is a breakdown threat. Timoney can play across the backrow. McCann could be that carrying no 8 we have been crying out for. Probably more in the longer term as he is young.
Rea or McCann starting would be enough callow youth.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:29 pm
Rea Jr is 24 years young, wouldn't hold him in the same youth section as McCann. Rea Jr needs to step up this season, on evidence to date I think he can.

Does anyone know if Nordi is good to go? No sign of him in pre season friendlies?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Timoney is our number eight and has been getting better every season.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:29 pm
Rea Jr is 24 years young, wouldn't hold him in the same youth section as McCann. Rea Jr needs to step up this season, on evidence to date I think he can.

Does anyone know if Nordi is good to go? No sign of him in pre season friendlies?
Just saying I'd like to see it at some point. The cupboards are fairly bare. Reidy took a knock against sorries too. You have Rea snr and Jones as options too.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

jean valjean wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:24 am Some might say Dan had the perfect masterplan to acquiesce the warriors. Hopefully the sun shines and the forwards let it out for baloucoune to go supersonic. As long as we roll with it on the night amd continue to make little by little progress during the season we won't have to look back in anger next year. Do you know what I mean?
Any restrictions in place on Cigarettes and Alcohol??
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:26 pm You have Rea snr and Jones as options too.
Decidedly underwhelming options.