Vermeulen

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Vermeulen

Post by rumncoke »

Most Books we've signed have delivered and he could had that little extra oomph at the appropriate moment

Doris is Leinster in a leinster back row which is basically a combination rather than a mix of individual players.

McCann shows promise but he also needs time to develop his know/how application at this level .

Some of the best players I played with were old they may not have been the fastest round the pitch or making the covering tackle in the corner but when it came to up close and personal they delivered because they knew when and how its called experience sometimes it takes longer .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

Marco wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:38 pm He's the dogs bollix all right. We've been here before of course, but I've always felt that Brad Thorne was the single biggest transitional signing that elevated Leinster from pretenders to contenders, so lets hope there is the same chemistry with Duane and the team as that, personally feel he has more versatility than Coetzee. Respect must go to management for this and for keeping it under the radar.

As an aside, the Leinster and Connacht women could be forgiven for asking are they not worth a decent clean changing facility for, guessing, ten percent of Duane's signing on fee (not complaining as an Ulsterman but just remarking)!
You realize Leinster had won two heineken cups before thorne came in as a injury cover for 5 months? :lol:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I go away or a couple of days and this happens! More than two pages of comments before I get to say, WOW! Brill! ANd of course... let's hope he stays injury free.

As someone above says, 'Fance, Japan, Ulster as a retirement strategy'. Works for me! :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bayern wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:25 pm
Marco wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:38 pm He's the dogs bollix all right. We've been here before of course, but I've always felt that Brad Thorne was the single biggest transitional signing that elevated Leinster from pretenders to contenders, so lets hope there is the same chemistry with Duane and the team as that, personally feel he has more versatility than Coetzee. Respect must go to management for this and for keeping it under the radar.

As an aside, the Leinster and Connacht women could be forgiven for asking are they not worth a decent clean changing facility for, guessing, ten percent of Duane's signing on fee (not complaining as an Ulsterman but just remarking)!
You realize Leinster had won two heineken cups before thorne came in as a injury cover for 5 months? :lol:
Think you've mixed up Rocky Elsom and Brad Thorne, you're 100% right though Marco :thumleft: , it sometimes just takes that key player to get a team over the line.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Jackie Brown wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:34 pm Unbelievable, up there with Pienaar, Dewey and Muller. Well done Bryn.
And let's not forget Charlie P! Some of the most exciting moments ever seen at Ravers

And stillt turning it on for Bristol this evening!!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Even tho they were worryingly stuffed by Saracens!!
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Bobbievee wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:16 pm Even tho they were worryingly stuffed by Saracens!!
With half a team.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Charlie P phoned it in too many times. A high paid showman who never bought into the club. Waste of a signing.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Watching Oz vs Voks at the moment..... according to the commentators some team called Ulster have signed the Boks No.8 Duane Vermuelen :cheers:

Starting to believe
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Missed part of the first half. I see duane has been taken off? What happened him?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Aussie no.6 with terrible tackle technique. No idea how he didn't get a red, only a yellow. Went in high, no attempt to wrap, clash of heads. DV off as a precaution I think.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

HIA, he's back on now
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

Late to post but I'm not too sure why everyone is so upbeat about this signing. He's 35, has an injury record and doesn't arrive until the end of November. There's a big risk he'll get injured again in the autumn internationals. Too much of a chance he'll join our growing list of injured signings, get insurance payments for a year and the bugger back to SA. Sorry, I hope I'm proved wrong but................
LTHG
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

lovesthehardground wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:31 pm Late to post but I'm not too sure why everyone is so upbeat about this signing. He's 35, has an injury record and doesn't arrive until the end of November. There's a big risk he'll get injured again in the autumn internationals. Too much of a chance he'll join our growing list of injured signings, get insurance payments for a year and the bugger back to SA. Sorry, I hope I'm proved wrong but................
You are one Andy Farrell
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Would it really be Ulster if we weren't sweating on the fitness of a big backrower?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?