Ulster v Glasgow

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Glasgow

Post by BR »

rumncoke wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:12 pm Except it wasn’t a tackle by JS because the player wasn’t held - - touch tip is not a tackle the player brought to ground doesn’t have release the ball but he must get to his feet immediately with the ball .

Did the player regain his feet or not after going to ground when JS failed to hold him if he did then J Hume had the right to tackle if not then the Glasgow player committed an offence moving to score after going to ground because failed to get to his feet immediately

The point is BR the reason and the offence where totally obscure to 90% of the spectators and the players that the referee then considered a player should be carded in those circumstances defies common sense it ranks on a power with the red given to Payne for an offence he never committed ie he never attempted to tackle

As I have said referees fail to penalise many obvious offence and then suddenly look for some obscure offence which is neither clear or obvious .
The fact that many at the game ahadn’t a clue why the penalty was awarded is ample proof of that fact.

I am sure the “ offence “ happens frequently but to be honest I have never seen a referee penalise it .
Ref said JS was a tackle , and that is all that matters.

As for the card - that is an automatic product of the penalty try; not the ref deciding to be particulary harsh because he feels like it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

except 99 % of these present would be of the opinion that it was Stockdale's failed tackled which lead to try scoring opportunity --the penalty try was al looked for offence -- and not an obvious deliberate offence Such as a Knock on or taking a man out without the ball -- it was a "do or die" attempt to stop a grounding of the ball
Whether JS had tackle or not is not the point the player was not held by SJ and moved after being grounded with out getting up immediately is the point --

Thus what is actually being observed is a two offence situation one by the glasgow player and one by an ulster player and the glasgow player's offence occurred first --- two wrongs never made a right -- both offences are obscure thus -- the simple question was the ball grounded yes or no -- would have been understood by everybody

-- goal line drop out advantage -- possession to glasgow.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Thanks be to God I don't understand a word of any of this. If I did I would worry.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bobbievee wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:24 am Thanks be to God I don't understand a word of any of this. If I did I would worry.
You and Rumn :thumleft: