Ulster v Benetton Friday Oct 8 7:35pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Benetton Friday Oct 8 7:35pm KO

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:17 pm
Snipe Watson wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:44 pm I get all that. Young side, etc, but Benetton were nowhere near full strength either. Much as it's great to see Reid and Doak's progress, i thought Moore wasn't great, he has been better. We really miss Stu McCloskey creating space for Hume and the back three. We'll need to offer more next week.
How far were Benetton off full strength? Rewatching I heard commentary making that very comment (Dan then contradicted), but bar Ioane and Gharbisi who is now plying his trade in France I didn't think they had too many missing. Having said that there are not too many Bennetton players that are house hold names with me.

:scratch:
They made 11 changes from last week. Bortolami didn't deny it was a weakened team as they prioritise home games.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Liking Lowry more every time I see him. Nice mover and a heart like a lion. Maybe just needs to not take too much on himself - move the ball outside a bit more.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I like it that he mixes it up and the opposition back row can't presume that he is just going to ship it on everytime.
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Three wins,maximum points,academy players brought on and their experience developed. Ulster Rugby is getting so many things right and we should recognise that. It is taking time, it’s not yet the finished article and there will be set backs and disappointments but look back at recent seasons we had a good first team but strength in depth was a real issue and an injury to a first team player produced on many occasions the panic on the terraces. A look at our finishing front row tonight is a great example of how far we have developed . I believe there is still more in the locker to be revealed and brought on and I am looking forward to the day when the discussions about strength the in depth switches to a debate about selection.
We are nearly there for example let’s debate who we play on the wing, centre, front row etc.
Let’s enjoy the moment and look forward to the future.
SUFTUM