Connacht v Ulster Sat Oct 23rd 5:15pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat Oct 23rd 5:15pm KO

Post by Snipe Watson »

jean valjean wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:57 pm Connacht are in desperation territory and will see this as a must win game. We haven't really had to fire a shot yet and unless we get the attitude right we could get smashed. Could really to with stu, Jacob and baloucoune back and hendo would be a nice surprise.
This is true,
Expect a full out arm wrestle. Breakdown will be contested and we need big games from 1-8
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Connacht were well up for the Munster game and, with a bit of luck, could have won, so we could be in for trouble. We'll need to be on top form.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Say it honestly, Connacht were robbed against Munster and will be playing with an enormous chip on their shoulders. Rightly so but unfortunate for Ulster.
We will have to face fire with fire in the first quarter. If we start slow we will get mullered.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

This is going to be a difficult fixture to predict. The big question will partial be dictated by the Ulster Injury list.
You must wonder if the inclusion of both McCluskey and Henderson in the forthcoming Irish squad suggest that they’re going to come off the Injury list for this match. If both players start it could boost our chances but there is always a question mark over any player returning from injury. Ulster have a settled team at present which has managed to find themselves at the top of the league admittedly not exactly setting the world on fire.
Last week the talk-in the media was all about how Ulster would deal with the giant South African forwards but they coped with them.
I have no doubt that Dan whilst encouraging them will have left them in no doubt about the challenge the face and of course his own previous connection to Connacht will make this an extra challenge.
I think also that Connacht have made a tactical error in agreeing to move 5he match to the Avila where the numbers of fans is going to be low with in probability a greater number of Ulster Fans than would have been at Galway.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

No tickets for this? Tried on UR and Ticketmaster and nothing showing... hardly like it's going to be sold out...
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Bewlay Bros
Novice

Post by Bewlay Bros »

Have to buy them through Connacht I think

https://www.connachtrugby.ie/connacht-v ... m-presale/
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Bewlay Bros wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:12 am Have to buy them through Connacht I think

https://www.connachtrugby.ie/connacht-v ... m-presale/
Cheers - should have thought of that...
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Aird wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:43 pm This is going to be a difficult fixture to predict. The big question will partial be dictated by the Ulster Injury list.
You must wonder if the inclusion of both McCluskey and Henderson in the forthcoming Irish squad suggest that they’re going to come off the Injury list for this match. If both players start it could boost our chances but there is always a question mark over any player returning from injury. Ulster have a settled team at present which has managed to find themselves at the top of the league admittedly not exactly setting the world on fire.
Last week the talk-in the media was all about how Ulster would deal with the giant South African forwards but they coped with them.
I have no doubt that Dan whilst encouraging them will have left them in no doubt about the challenge the face and of course his own previous connection to Connacht will make this an extra challenge.
I think also that Connacht have made a tactical error in agreeing to move 5he match to the Avila where the numbers of fans is going to be low with in probability a greater number of Ulster Fans than would have been at Galway.
Would imagine Hendy,mccloskey and Baloucoune will start this weekend.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bobbievee wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:34 am This post is short, accurate and sensible.
Has someone hacked Rumn's account?
😇😀
Nah, it's him.

Still no punctuation and doesn't know the difference between 'to' and 'too'.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:47 pm
jean valjean wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:57 pm Connacht are in desperation territory and will see this as a must win game. We haven't really had to fire a shot yet and unless we get the attitude right we could get smashed. Could really to with stu, Jacob and baloucoune back and hendo would be a nice surprise.
This is true,
Expect a full out arm wrestle. Breakdown will be contested and we need big games from 1-8
Nah, just from quarter past 5 - 7 (ish)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:01 pm
Snipe Watson wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:47 pm
This is true,
Nah, just from quarter past 5 - 7 (ish)
Start early and finish late. That's what my dear old Granda used to say.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Anyone know what the Covid rules are for the Aviva. Proof of vaccination needed?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Been told to take my vaccine card and passport by a Dublin dweller.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Having a pre-match night out in Athlone tomorrow….
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Jackie Brown wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:51 pm Anyone know what the Covid rules are for the Aviva. Proof of vaccination needed?
They've been listed as a requirement for Leinster's home gates to date but the checks are random. I haven't been asked for mine at any of the matches. You're far more likely to be asked for one if you want to dine or eat indoors before or after the match.

You'll also need a mask when entering the stadium, likely to also be announcements that you should keep wearing one during the game but it's not enforced.