Connacht v Ulster Sat Oct 23rd 5:15pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat Oct 23rd 5:15pm KO

Post by Snipe Watson »

AOC was stupid and should know better. As a senior player he should have more control, but the red mist can descend with any of us. I don't think his play deserves the criticism he's getting. He's a warrior, a grafter and makes the most of his skill set. We need players like Alan.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:08 pm AOC was stupid and should know better. As a senior player he should have more control, but the red mist can descend with any of us. I don't think his play deserves the criticism he's getting. He's a warrior, a grafter and makes the most of his skill set. We need players like Alan.
Fantastic player! He has been one of our best performers over the past 2-3 seasons. I'd liken him to Billy Holland, proper old school, uncomprising lock, unfortuantely just a couple of inches short for modern day international rugby.

If there's criticism of AOC it's as stupid as his shoulder barge yesterday evening.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:08 pm AOC was stupid and should know better. As a senior player he should have more control, but the red mist can descend with any of us. I don't think his play deserves the criticism he's getting.
I criticised him for being dumb which resulted in him being yellow carded and a reversed penalty.

Instead of us having a penalty and them being down to 14 (or should have been), they had a penalty and we were down to 14.

I said he was dumb. He was dumb. I stand by that criticism and defy anyone to say it was undeserved.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:01 pm If there's criticism of AOC it's as stupid as his shoulder barge yesterday evening.
That's an oxymoron.
His shoulder barge was stupid, and my criticism of him was for being stupid to do it.

How then is my criticism of him stupid?

BTW, I do like him as a player and I do like that he gets stuck in, but that's not the first time he's been penalised for dumb shots like that. If he could remove that element from his game, he would be a far better player. Unfortunately by removing that part of his game it might remove other parts that should stay there.
I'm not arguing -
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:14 pm
Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:08 pm AOC was stupid and should know better. As a senior player he should have more control, but the red mist can descend with any of us. I don't think his play deserves the criticism he's getting.
I criticised him for being dumb which resulted in him being yellow carded and a reversed penalty.
It's not always about you precious...... :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:18 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:01 pm If there's criticism of AOC it's as stupid as his shoulder barge yesterday evening.
That's an oxymoron.
His shoulder barge was stupid, and my criticism of him was for being stupid to do it.

BTW, I do like him as a player and I do like that he gets stuck in, but that's not the first time he's been penalised for dumb shots like that. If he could remove that element from his game, he would be a far better player. Unfortunately by removing that part of his game it might remove other parts that should stay there.
:scratch:
You criticised stupidity not his play. Criticism of his stupidity is totally justifiable. Criticism of his play is codswallop.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

That's an oxymoron.
Wow wow wow :lol:

We've just been educated on the spelling of physiciality and now you're defining oxymoron.... oxymoron last used in a sentence on this site Tue Sep 03, 2019 by ...... RUM'N >EW welcome to the club >ES

Cap'n I think Snipe has you on the ropes.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

AOC gives his all and the Ulster squad does need players like him right now. However having him as 1st choice or very close to 1st choice lock says a lot about ulster’s lack of strength in that area. I don’t think he would make a 1st choice match day 23 at any of the other provinces.

As Snipe says he is a grafter and will do a job for sure against some of the URC sides. My issues is more a reflection of the quality of ulster’s Locks.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Like so many Ulster players he looks decent v the Dragons, Zebre etc but against the Leinster’s and Munster’s they literally go AWOL.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:34 pm Cap'n I think Snipe has you on the ropes.
He probably thinks that too :lol:

Just like Foreman had Ali on the ropes. >EW

Not that I'm an Ali, but then he's no Foreman either. :D
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:32 pm
That's an oxymoron.

:scratch:
You criticised stupidity not his play. Criticism of his stupidity is totally justifiable. Criticism of his play is codswallop.
and just to keep it runnin', his "play" when he barged him in the back was stupid.

There - I criticised his play! :stir: :lol:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:21 pm It's not always about you precious...... :lol:
:(
I'm not arguing -
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:16 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:34 pm Cap'n I think Snipe has you on the ropes.

You da dope......

I appreciate it's an emotional evening for you....
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:22 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:16 pm

You da dope......

I appreciate it's an emotional evening for you....
Aye, Ulster came third in a two horse race yesterday :(

and some other outfit came 10th in a two horse race today :roll:

My criticism still stands :lol:
I'm not arguing -
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

its not that Brace was blatantly pro Connaught -- i think their approach to the game : _- in defence-- of" to hell with the ball hit the man with or without the ball' and if he doesn't like it and reacts -- everybody get stuck in and distract the ref --: that approach was something he ( Brace )didn't know how to handle ---as I say their group aggressiveness was a pre-planned game plan to unsettle both Ulster and the referee -- to the extent that ulster stopped trying and the referee became Connaught foul blind.

the second half of course with the Connaught kick off -- one side because Ulster were Kicking out of their 22 and giving possession to Connaught in the Ulster half and the Ulster backs were brain-rting in attack and defence. Blind passes and narrow defence
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist