Neil Francis speaks

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

It would be good to see the end of the piece and find out if Franno does actually give us his opinion rather than leaving us guessing!

I thought he wrote for the Sunday Tribune but their website never seems to be updated quickly.
colin_m
Novice

Post by colin_m »

Cleverly, the article has put the focus upon fan behaviour. Upon viewing the article, I'm sure there will be minimal reference to the event itself, thus avoiding having to defend the indefensible.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Cleverly, the article has put the focus upon fan behaviour. Upon viewing the article, I'm sure there will be minimal reference to the event itself, thus avoiding having to defend the indefensible.
Exactly!
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
colin_m
Novice

Post by colin_m »

So you agree with what he says?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

That article does no one any favours either players or fans and does not represent what happened last Sunday. The man is still an Brennan and if thats all he could write he would be better with another job.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Is that the whole article?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

there's more to it, hold on and i'll post
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

browner wrote:Is that the whole article?
Looks like it's the warmup to the Brennan affair
That was 1991, this is now. What happened in
Why else would you end an article with those words and a half finished sentence. :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

apart from basically calling paddy and yer man from the bbc liars, nothing new or too shocking in there.

leaving all that aside.. the idea of a bigoted rent-a-gob like francis questioning the honesty of a bbc journalist... :roll: beggars belief
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Something like I would have expected although I did not think he would basically call Julian Fowler a liar :shock: Perhaps it's time he actually went to some of the Ulster games or is he too afraid that we might not live up to his one eyed view when he actually saw us in the flesh.
He did however say Brennans actions were unacceptable
Last edited by Rooster on Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rory Best
colin_m
Novice

Post by colin_m »

Well if I'm going to do it, then he certainly should.
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

apart from basically calling paddy and yer man from the bbc liars,
That's the point for me, was Francis at the game, was Fanning?

I was, but missed the incident as i was out getting the beers in.
But without exception, everyone who i spoke to afterwards (some i knew and some i didn't) confirmed that there was no reference made to Brennan's mother and that includes several lads from Virginia RFC who were seated directly behind me and witnessed the whole episode.

We seem to be beating ouselves up over this when the truth is we are no worse than others, and in many respects a hell of a lot better.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

colin_m wrote:Well if I'm going to do it, then he certainly should.
You'll be alright colin they have banned barbeques on the terraces :lol: Just don't bring Brian Smith though :shock:
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Exactly Browner, that is the big problem, journalists who were not there spouting opinions 2 for sure that were there were Fowler and Ed Curran the Tele boss everyone else is on second or third hand info, even those up in the press box did not see what was going on never mind hear it
Rory Best