Reply from Hanson...............

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

SIB -tasked with finding what to do with areas of conflict ie designated sites that included the Maze but not TQ or NFS find something to do with one of its sites. Shock if it had gone any other way really.

Cost of the Maze deciding factor even though NFS was offered for free as well. Then again Price Waterhouse only contacted the BCC a couple of weeks before the decision was announced to ask how much the land might cost. Shock you can have it for the same cost as the Maze !!

Letter to OFM&DFM to ask regarding costs of transport infastructure for Maze under Freedom of Information Act is refused. Why can't they tell us how many millions this will cost. Also the car park required for a minimum 4,200 vehicles hasn't been included in the price of £85M. Whats the bet that all these extra roads and car park will add the odd £20M or so onto the cost.

Don't forget this is our money as taxpayers
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

YM- just got the same response to mine through even though it raised different issues the same response word for word. Presume we will all get one now.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Yes, I got the same one. I've asked them what they did in terms of surveys of potential customers but I don't expect an answer. The decision was made on the basis of cost and finding something to do with that dump. All we can do is keep protesting. I suggest an email blitz on our local political leaders, in this order - big Gerry A, wee David F, Reg Empty, and Peon Aisley because I think that's the order in which we will get the most to least sympathy.
Cheers,
Rocky
Bo***cks to Brexit
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I got one too, it appeared in my Junk Mailbox :shock: :lol:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Guys it's a bit much to expect Herr Bureaucracy to send you anything other than a bland letter of response. They don't, after all know who you are. You could be a politician, journalist, activist, pipe smoking lama in disguise rather than an ordinary punter wanting to know why your thoughts and feelings on an issue of National importance have been ignored.

Interesting point about the North Foreshore CT, it's pretty clear that the appraisal of alternative sites has been tailored to gain the end result which is that the Maze is the most suitable. After all this was the starting point for the project as you say for the SIB to find some purpose for the Maze site as part of it's brief in finding a resolution to 'conflict' sites. All they had to in this particular case is prove that they went through SOME form of economic appraisal to justify their decision to locate a sporting stadium in this location.

Clearly testing the water re people's preferences for this or that location was not high up in the criteria for assessing the suitability of the site. For example the producing of the ridiculous statistic of more people live in a 30 mile radius from the Maze than from Belfast is one that is tailored to suit a certain agenda. Naturally one third of a 30 mile radius east of Belfast is sea water where your unlikely to find anyone living.