Ludik signs new three-year deal

Moderator: Moderators

ADM
Initiate

Ludik signs new three-year deal

Post by ADM »

[tag=image]http://www.ulsterrugby.com/images/news/ ... dax_80.jpg[/tag][tag=content]Ulster utility back Louis Ludik has signed a new three-year deal with the province which will keep him at the Kingspan Stadium until 2020.

The South African, who will qualify to play for Ireland at the end of this season, is primarily a full-back but has also been utilised in the centre and on the wing for Ulster.

Ludik, 30, joined Ulster in 2014 from French side Agen and had signed a one-year contract extension at the end of last season.

He's been one of Ulster's best players so far this season and was rewarded for some excellent performances when he was awarded the Kingspan Player of the Month for September.

"I'm thrilled to be extending my stay at Ulster," Ludik said on the new deal. "Myself and my family really enjoy Belfast and we feel very much at home here.

"Everything about Ulster Rugby is first class; the stadium, the training facilities, the players and coaches, the medical care and the supporters.

"There is a brilliant vibe amongst the squad and everyone is working hard to try to achieve success this season. Once I return to fitness, I'm looking forward to contributing to the team this season and for the following three years.”

Ulster's Director of Rugby, Les Kiss, also described his delight that Ludik had committed his long term future to the province.

"Keeping Louis on our roster is a major boost for us," Kiss said.

"He is an outstanding guy who gives 100% to the cause and adds so much value both on and off the pitch. He is a great influence on the squad and he also does some great work in the local community.

"His form at the start of this season has been absolutely brilliant and I'm looking forward to seeing him deliver for us over the next few years.”[/tag]