TREVISO - SATURDAY 29 FEB 2020

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Kenny99
Novice

TREVISO - SATURDAY 29 FEB 2020

Post by Kenny99 »

Planning a first time trip from Tuscany to watch Benetton v Ulster on 29 February 2020. Can any fans who have made that trip in the past recommend: 1/ best place in stadium to view; 2/ best accommodation for Ulster fan atmosphere? Any advice welcome.
Kenny99
waggonsroll
Initiate

Re: TREVISO - SATURDAY 29 FEB 2020

Post by waggonsroll »

Treviso's ground is small and you pay on entry. Most people opt to sit in the covered stand. Treviso has a few hotels right in the centre and these are fine. The main tip you need to heed is to buy your bus tickets to get to the ground in advance from a tabac and remember to cancel it after boarding. Some supporters got a €100 fine for forgetting!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The Celtic Pub tends to be the hub.

Bus stop out the front.

The kebab shop next door is surprisingly good.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Arriving with Junior in Treviso airport from Dublin on fri 28th feb am and home from Treviso mon 2nd march pm.
3 nights of fun and games, and Lest We Forget, the match is on DAY 4788.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Hotel - Carlton/Continental 2 minutes walk from the Celtic Pub which is the main boozer for the weekend. As already said, the no 9 bus goes to the ground from outside the pub and as already said buy your bus tickets from the tabac beside pub and you validate your ticket when you get on the bus. 15 minutes on the bus approx to ground. The game is at 4pm local time on the Saturday, the tabac closes for a long lunch so maybe get the bus tickets before lunch etc.

Da Pino in main piazza in the town is decent. Tribuna Ovest Verde/Blu 20 Euro is where most Ulster fans sit.

Prosecco is produced locally so it can be bought by the bottle at the ground, think it was €5 for a beer and €6 for the Prosecco!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Is the local radicchio in season Neill?

Pretty sure it will be.

Think I’ll use it to scoop up some tasty chunks of horse or goat and wash it down with some vino rosso.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:32 am Is the local radicchio in season Neill?

Pretty sure it will be.

Think I’ll use it to scoop up some tasty chunks of horse or goat and wash it down with some vino rosso.
Seasons/Availability

Radicchio is available year-round with a peak season mid-winter to early spring.

https://www.specialtyproduce.com/produc ... io_502.php
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I tried to get some at Toni del Spin in September 2017 and they were having none of it!

It should be in fine fettle at the end of Feb though.

Treviso > Parma....
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

If the weather is fine then I reckon we will go as usual for the open terrace opposite the main Stand. My recollection is the main Stand can be cool
as its in the shade and sitting cold in a seat in February for 80+ minutes doesn't really appeal to us.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It can indeed get somewhat chilly.

Fur coats seem to be very popular with the ladies over there.

I presume they wear knickers too but I'm afraid I am unable to confirm that.

Mike, you'll probably know given your usual vantage point in the gutter?
ScottishBrian
Novice

Post by ScottishBrian »

how true, about Michael
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

So it looks distinctly possible that the game could be called off due to the Chinese flu.

Is there anything else to do in Trevino?!
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

The four times I've been (with my wife) we've not found much to honest. We normally go for a week or so and add another destination before or after. Bergamo, Modena, Trieste and Udine are possibilities but except for Modena need more than a day. I think the biggest problem will be where you will be allowed to travel to by the Italian authorities.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I don't think I can take the risk of infecting our cat.

I'd never forgive myself.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Anyone who bought tickets in advance online will be refunded it seems. Google translate as interesting as ever!

"As already anticipated yesterday, Benetton Rugby would like to confirm that in compliance with the restrictions on public matches and sporting events implemented by the Italian authorities in the regions of Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna and Veneto, the Guinness PRO14 game against Ulster in program Saturday 29 February at 16:00 at the Monigo Stadium has been postponed until a later date. Purchased tickets can be canceled and refunded by presenting the title at the store where it was purchased no later than March 4, 2020. Ticketone will also email and refund all those who have purchased the title online."