Best trips

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

Tightheadsdoitbest
Novice

Re: Best trips

Post by Tightheadsdoitbest » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:03 pm

Toulon
Train from Nice (from where it was supposed to be)
Beer with Las Faddes supporters club on a roundabout beside the stadium... and the boy who does all the shouting before the match
Got absolutely thrashed on the pitch (didn't we have 3 x 9s on the pitch at one time)
Highlight was the Toulon supporters giving their own team the bird when we somehow scored our 4th try (and got a BP!)
Next day Ulster Supporters took over an empty Monte Carlo - quick trip by train !!
Lots of beer drunk in Ma Nolans.. plenty to see with Nice, Monte Carlo, Cannes etc... very friendly opposition supporters before and after the game.

Up there with Parma, Leicester and Galway

justinr73
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by justinr73 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:11 am

I’ll never forget the merguez sausage and frite baguette outside the ground afterwards.

Best 5 Euros I’ve ever spent.

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:26 am

Oh there gave been some savage sessions over about 20 years now.
Hard to compare. Some of them were great because of the people we were with, some because of the people we met. Some because of the stuff layed-on, others by ghe crack we made ourselves. Sometimes the matchday experience was mighty, other times the match was irrelevant.

Not looking like we'll get anything this season, let alone a traditional european trip. Maybe a suitable time to hang up the fleg for good.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:51 pm

BR wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:26 am
Not looking like we'll get anything this season, let alone a traditional european trip. Maybe a suitable time to hang up the fleg for good.
Ulster says NO!... :fleg:

at least I do. :stout:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:15 pm

fermain wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:51 pm
BR wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:26 am
Ulster says NO!... :fleg:

at least I do. :stout:
Too kind!

The things people will say about you, when you owe them a pint!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

ulsterroar
Novice

Post by ulsterroar » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:11 am

There have been many worthy away trips but Paris for a Stade game I really hope I attended, but to this day I am unsure I did holds some hazy memories. Northampton a few times and each time meeting up with a great bunch of guys. But strangely an outstanding trip to Stradey Park, a marmite sort of place, where we we lost but the the night after in their social club into the wee small hours will always be held in high esteem.
The game where I strutted round like a peacock for hours after a game was the 2009 against Munster, had waited a long time for that night. Yes, I am that old. Heres to a few more.